This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

ebay giving out my phone number

(3 Posts)
MsBug Sun 17-Aug-14 12:26:39

Hi, i just bought an item off ebay, and five minutes later I received a call on my mobile from the seller. They were fine, just calling to let me know they would post it tomorrow - they didn't sound like they'd sold much on ebay before.

But I'm not really comfortable with ebay giving my mobile numbers to everyone I've bought from - I had no idea they did this, how do I stop them? I've searched ebay and can't find the answer.

AbsolutelyCrushed Sun 17-Aug-14 12:28:55

If you buy or sell on eBay, the other party in the transaction can request your details. You can't stop that - you could change the number, but that could cause issues if eBay ever need to speak to you.

MsBug Sun 17-Aug-14 12:35:31

wow, I never knew that. I think I will change it to my home phone number - I am very careful who I give my mobile number to as I have had problems with junk calls in the past I don't usually give my number to businesses any more.

Do you know how I change it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now