This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I don't think seller wants me to have item I won

(24 Posts)
Baalamooree Mon 11-Aug-14 09:20:52

I won an item on auction 2 weeks ago, I was the only bidder so won it at starting price. I was quite surprised as I had expected a few people to bid but, I guess as the auction ended during the day rather than evening, I got lucky.

Anyway, I emailed the seller to arrange collection to be told it couldn't be collected during the weekends due to building rules! I then asked to collect during the week in the evening & didn't receive a reply. I left it for a couple of days and then paid by Paypal. I contacted seller again to inform him of the payment - he replied almost immediately but once I tried to arrange collection he went quiet.

During the past 2 weeks I've been told it can't be collected at the weekends, then at the evening, then told the address had changed but it could be collected there. I've now tried to arrange collection at the address & it has been agreed but the seller ignores any request for their address, just gives the postcode!

The auction was also for more than 1 item and any email asking to confirm the items is also ignored.

I suspect the seller expected a lot more for the items. What do I do now? It's arranged to collect tomorrow and it's out of my way but coincidentally DP is working in the area, but just for a couple of days. I would like to ask for a refund but I expect that's why the seller is making it difficult. Why doesn't he just say he doesn't want to sell?

Branleuse Mon 11-Aug-14 09:21:53

open a case

butterflybuttons Mon 11-Aug-14 09:22:16

Just file not received to get your money back, report as non performing seller and then neg and leave low stars. You can't force them to sell. And they are very stupid taking paypal for a collected item.

Baalamooree Mon 11-Aug-14 09:56:30

Will his defence be that I couldn't be bothered to collect? Should I wait until after tomorrow?

butterflybuttons Mon 11-Aug-14 10:12:35

no - it makes no odds. Has he agreed to collection today for definite?

Lucked Mon 11-Aug-14 10:17:31

What did you buy op?

Baalamooree Mon 11-Aug-14 13:48:14

Collection has been confirmed for tomorrow, which is why I wondered if I should wait.

Lucked it is a good quality children's bed & mattress. I guess it's back to Ebay to start again.

Frustrating, why don't they just set a reserve price?

lunar1 Mon 11-Aug-14 13:52:55

I would collect tomorrow if you still want it.

butterflybuttons Mon 11-Aug-14 13:54:10

so far they have said you can collect tomorrow though - you think they are not going to let you have the item now?

VanitasVanitatum Mon 11-Aug-14 13:55:48

If you want the items don't request a refund, insist on collection. Open a case with eBay.

Baalamooree Mon 11-Aug-14 14:17:00

I don't have an address (just a postcode) so, unless the seller comes back to me I can't collect.

butterflybuttons Mon 11-Aug-14 14:29:46

so open a case now then - that may prompt them into a reply.

littleducks Mon 11-Aug-14 14:35:24

Unless it's really rural a postcode should be ok. We often give just put postcode and then for door number when buyer phone and is outside on road

Baalamooree Mon 11-Aug-14 15:02:47

Yes, I think I'll have to open a case.

Thanks for your help.

Baalamooree Mon 11-Aug-14 19:54:48

Finally contacted by the seller. The items have accidentally been disposed of...

tiredandsadmum Mon 11-Aug-14 20:07:40

No they haven't! Report to ebay and watch that seller. The minute they reappear report again and more loudly this time.

shotyourfox Mon 11-Aug-14 20:08:02

Sounds like it's been sold elsewhere and they have kept you hanging on in case they couldn't sell it. How do you accidentally dispose of a bed!!

DustWitch Mon 11-Aug-14 20:12:14

That's really cheeky on behalf of the seller! We had a similar issue with a dining table that we won, no other bidders so we won it at the starting price. The seller refused to give their address for collection and eventually just stopped returning our messages angry

We opened a case and got our money back but unfortunately you can't force the buyer to sell you something if they don't want to.

If it's any consolation, we found a much nicer dining table on Ebay a few days later, hopefully the same will happen for you.

JourneyToThePlacentaOfTheEarth Mon 11-Aug-14 20:14:16

What an absolute piss take

butterflybuttons Mon 11-Aug-14 20:32:36

have you left a neg and low stars - state non performing seller - and make sure you do report to eBay too.

Baalamooree Mon 11-Aug-14 20:54:37

What's the best action butterflybuttons? Report to Ebay for non receipt & non performing seller (no idea how to do this btw) and then leave feedback?

butterflybuttons Mon 11-Aug-14 21:04:39

yep - all of the above.

butterflybuttons Mon 11-Aug-14 21:05:37
thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Mon 11-Aug-14 21:10:59

The absolute coward - I hope you get your money back!

Negs all the way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now