This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Fake item, will I get money back?

(8 Posts)
flippinada Wed 02-Apr-14 09:21:29

I bought an item off ebay which, on receipt, I realised was fake (it was advertised as genuine).

I reported it and now the seller has disappeared off ebay.

What are the chances of getting my money back?

iggy155 Wed 02-Apr-14 10:14:54

Hi. You need to open a dispute in the resolution centre on ebay. Not 100% on the timespan but ebay will end up refunding you. I had the same problem a couple of years back. I bought some Converse pumps and when I got them they were quite obviously fake. I tried to contact the seller with no response. I then raised an dispute. The seller did not reply to this either. Eventually Ebay reviewed the case and refunded me. HTH.smile

flippinada Wed 02-Apr-14 10:51:42

That is useful - thanks smile .

RoganJosh Wed 02-Apr-14 10:54:03

You'd have a much better chance opening a dispute with Paypal, rather than ebay.

flippinada Wed 02-Apr-14 11:15:33

That's useful to know, thanks Rosh

It was a PayPal transaction - have contacted the seller (I suspect they aren't going to get back to me) so will wait the suggested time then take further action - I've flagged it up to ebay as a potential fraud.

flippinada Wed 02-Apr-14 11:16:16

Sorry, RoganJosh!

RoganJosh Wed 02-Apr-14 12:56:14

You just need to do a paypal dispute along the lines of 'item not as described' (unless there's a specific one for fakes).

flippinada Wed 02-Apr-14 13:13:26

I'll do that - thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now