The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Buyer messed me around and now doesn't want item, help with fees and relist

(11 Posts)
AliBingo Tue 25-Mar-14 16:02:35

Hiya

A buyer won an expensive collection-only item two weeks ago today and kept messing em around, he said he was collecting on Sunday but didn't give a time and finally Sunday lunchtime he emailed to say he didn't want the item after all!

I looked at his feedback and there is a recent one (21 March) saying he has done this to someone else as well.

He says in his email I should complete a mutual decision not to proceed form or something so I can get my fees back. Does anyone know how I do this, I don't know where to find the form. I'd prefer to do it where I report him to Ebay for messing me about and get my fees back that way unless that is less certain to work?

I really need the big heavy item gone so need to relist asap but don't want to pay two hefty sets of fees.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

Ali

LavenderGreen14 Tue 25-Mar-14 16:41:09

yes you send a cancellation request to get your fees back, but he has to accept it. Then add them to your blocked bidder list and then relist or do a second chance offer.

And make sure you only take cash btw.

You could file an unpaid case against him but if he pays by paypal then you don't get your fees back.

LavenderGreen14 Tue 25-Mar-14 16:41:37
AliBingo Tue 25-Mar-14 19:37:37

Hiya

Thanks very much for the reply, I have managed to send a cancellation request so I hope he accepts it or I guess I have to do the unpaid case thing.

I love Ebay until it goes wrong!

Cheers

LavenderGreen14 Tue 25-Mar-14 19:39:14

if they refuse it you won't get your fees back, if they ignore it you will get them back in 7 days. You can't file an unpaid case now you have opened a cancellation request.

HolidayCriminal Tue 25-Mar-14 19:41:48

so why didn't you suggest to OP that she file UID instead, Lavender? Odds that buyer would bother to pay were miniscule. confused

I am pretty laid back but people who mess me about get Unpaid Item Disputes.

I hope buyer doesn't mess you about further, AliB.

LavenderGreen14 Tue 25-Mar-14 19:44:55

because then the buyer would probably pay by paypal.

HolidayCriminal Tue 25-Mar-14 19:47:01

I guess we'll never know, but I would have lay money on buyer not bothering. If they wanted it, they would have got it by now.

AliBingo Wed 26-Mar-14 14:57:29

Argh I think I would have been better filing an unpaid item dispute in that case! The item is big and expensive so the fees are over £100, so as they don't want the item I don't think they would have paid via Paypal.

They have been very flaky with comms up to now and haven't accepted the cancellation request yet despite me emailing and asking them nicely if they wouldn't mind okaying it asap so I can get my money back.

Does anyone know if I can go ahead and relist the item yet or do I need to wait for the cancellation thingy to go through? It's a big bulky item and I want shot of it. Am 36 weeks pregnant and ideally want it gone before baby arrives!

Cheers

LavenderGreen14 Wed 26-Mar-14 15:05:19

no you can't relist it - you need to wait for them to either accept or refuse the request - but if they do nothing it will close automatically in 7 days and you will get your fees back. Be careful emailing them too much, they may refuse it out of spite.

AliBingo Wed 26-Mar-14 15:35:40

Argh what a pain! Thanks, I will wait hopefully.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now