The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Should I escalate this case or wait?

(11 Posts)
BumpAndGrind Mon 24-Mar-14 16:00:51

I bought a baby dress on the 27th Feb and when it arrived on the 6th March it was completely the wrong size, newborn not 3-6 months, as stated in the description.

The seller took 3 days to respond (9th march) saying as far as she was aware it was a 3-6 months dress (er, no!)

She finally replied again on the 11th March agreeing to refund the cost and original postage if I returned the dress to her, so I would be out of pocket on return postage but I agreed.

It then took her to the 17th March to give me the return address, I asked 3 times.

I posted the item and still haven't had a refund or reply.

I'm so fucked off by the whole thing. I only bought the dress as DD used to have it in newborn and I loved her in it so when I saw it on ebay in a bigger size jumped at the chance and probably paid more than it was even worth.

The dress should have arrived with her Friday or Saturday. Should I escalate or wait... it's only taken a month so far after all.. hmm

BumpAndGrind Mon 24-Mar-14 16:16:22

Also, what feedback would be best, neg or neutral. I can't leave positive can I? Even if they fix the problem.. I've lost out on cash and time.

LavenderGreen14 Mon 24-Mar-14 16:25:30

escalate - but you did send tracked didn't you?

Neg from me it would be - and low stars too.

BumpAndGrind Mon 24-Mar-14 16:32:33

I got proof of postage but wasn't paying extra for signed for.

LavenderGreen14 Mon 24-Mar-14 16:33:54

in that case ebay will not refund you as you have no proof of delivery.

BumpAndGrind Mon 24-Mar-14 16:53:10

I've escalated it... a month is too long.

I didn't get proof of delivery. I got proof of postage though.

ILoveWooly Mon 24-Mar-14 16:58:58

Sadly proof of postage does not mean they seller received it. They probably have but you can't prove it and Ebay won't make them refund you as you have already said in emails that you have received the item. It sucks sad.

LavenderGreen14 Mon 24-Mar-14 17:00:34

so you cannot prove seller received it and you won't get a refund unless seller gives you the money back

Have they relisted it.

You should neg anyway - state that you returned wrong size and no refund was forthcoming - or something like that.

Proof of postage only enables you to claim if the item is lost.

Did the seller tell you to return with a signature?

chickydoo Mon 24-Mar-14 17:12:56

With eBay returns, the seller does not have to pay the return postage. Only original cost of item and postage.

BumpAndGrind Mon 24-Mar-14 17:59:34

Ok, Ebay were very quick and have refunded.

When I bought the item the seller had 100% feedback, but has received (including mine) 4 negatives in the past month.

Also, looking more closely. The seller seems to also have form for not posting and refunding items that hasn't sold well. You can see looking at feedback that they have not posted something won for 99p then refunded and relisted about a week later.

Who are these idiots giving positive feedback for a refund without a decent reason?

Anyway, still annoyed but at least its resolved to the best it can be.

ILoveWooly Tue 25-Mar-14 08:20:55

Fab outcome. Well done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now