The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Anyone returned anything to china....?

(12 Posts)
cardoon Thu 20-Mar-14 16:01:33

Help.....

LavenderGreen14 Thu 20-Mar-14 16:09:47

costs a fortune to send tracked - your best hope is a no fault refund from ebay really.

cardoon Thu 20-Mar-14 16:20:25

What's that Lavender*, do I not have to return it anyway also who pays the postage?

LavenderGreen14 Thu 20-Mar-14 16:24:45

you pay the postage if you need to return it, but if you write in the not as described case the return costs are prohibitive they may refund you from their own coffers without the need of a return.

What is the item and how much is it?

onechicktwochickthreechickfour Thu 20-Mar-14 16:30:46

it totally depends upon the item and what the arrangements are with the seller

I bought a play tent and then it wouldnt stand up unassisted. it was supposed to be free standing.

so i complained to the company and they told me to just keep the item and they would refund me.

come to think of it, this happened with a babysling i ordered too. from the pictures it looked like you could hold the baby hands free ( like when you push a pram and have a sling) but when it came it was more like a sling you had to cradle the baby in too, so i didnt have free hands for pushing the pram.

cardoon Thu 20-Mar-14 17:05:29

It's a "j crew" statement necklace and cost £50 - I checked with them that it was genuine and had the j crew metal tag before buying. It has all the tags packaging etc. but I'm uncertain as the clasp is a little corroded and therefore hard to open and the pearls parted company with the chain when I went to put it on.

LavenderGreen14 Thu 20-Mar-14 17:21:16

have you opened a case in ebay yet?

cardoon Thu 20-Mar-14 17:36:39

Yes, "not as described", but only as far as it is broken rather than counterfeit....

I do love it and wonder whether I should find out the cost of repair locally and ask them to refund that much?

LavenderGreen14 Thu 20-Mar-14 17:39:07

very pricey if it is a fake - and I presume it is tbh.

cardoon Thu 20-Mar-14 17:56:46

Hmm, yes, I suppose the corroded clasp is a bit of a giveaway grin...but...it doesn't look dissimilar to my genuine ones...

LavenderGreen14 Thu 20-Mar-14 17:59:18

do J Crew manufacture their necklaces in China? I would take it to their store and ask them to verify its authenticity.

cardoon Thu 20-Mar-14 18:07:55

mmmm, I live in the Highlands heather growing out of my ears but that was my thinking ........they probably do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now