This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Grrrr bidder won my item fri 6pm still no payment

(46 Posts)
chillykitty Sun 12-Jan-14 12:50:06

I hv emailed them lots
What should I do next really need money ASAP

SoupDragon Sun 12-Jan-14 20:32:53

Three threads about this? Really??

LilyBlossom14 Sun 12-Jan-14 20:47:31

yes - message buyers as many times as you like and annoy them who will then give you neg feedback, rubbish stars and you will lose your ebay account

you came here for advice, have been given that and then take offence. Sorry we can't agree with you when you are wrong.

YoureBeingASillyBilly Sun 12-Jan-14 21:01:16

Yes- its up to you how many times you message but accept that your behaviour will have a direct effect on whether the buyer proceeds with this purchase and as you claim to be in urgent need of the money sending multiple messages and making yourself a nuisance is a bit silly. Think smarter.

chillykitty Sun 12-Jan-14 21:51:31

They've paid gringringrin

Prettykitty111 Sun 12-Jan-14 22:21:47

I'm glad they've paid but if i were you I'd be expecting at least neutral feedback.the last person who harassed me by email on eBay was after positive feedback and after three messages in 4 days got a neg and 1star for communication.

McFox Sun 12-Jan-14 22:41:02

Congratulations for bullying someone! You must be really happy.

SoupDragon Sun 12-Jan-14 23:07:14

I hope you've already been out to post it. God forbid there's any tiny delay at all.

Prettykitty111 Sun 12-Jan-14 23:50:44

Oh yeah soup dragon. Hadn't thought of that. Id expect to recieve it Tuesday. Expect lots of emails if the buyer hasn't. Of course they may just refuse to accept the parcel if they know what one to look for and "item not recieved" you

Picturesinthefirelight Mon 13-Jan-14 00:04:08

I would be really annoyed. I only have access to eBay emails at work (eBay wont recognise hotmail or gmail accounts) so if an auction ended Fruday night the first I'd know about winning would be Monday or Tuesday morning (I often don't work Mondays).

If I logged on to find snotty messages I'd be tempted to say stuff it.

Monty27 Mon 13-Jan-14 00:06:32

Tsk! Glad you got paid and all that but there's no rules to say you pay immediately. Wise up! There could have been 100 reasons why she was offline or whatever shock

Monty27 Mon 13-Jan-14 00:08:42

Oh and it is up to you how much you email of course. Be as big a pain in the arse as you choose!

YoureBeingASillyBilly Mon 13-Jan-14 00:09:27

pictures i have always had a hotmail account and that is the one my ebay is linked to. Are you sure you have checked that out correctly? I get all my ebay emails without issue.

PurpleFrog Mon 13-Jan-14 09:32:42

pictures - I have a gmail account that I use exclusively for eBay, Gumtree etc. I don't have any problems...

GhostsInSnow Mon 13-Jan-14 12:59:32

Yep, if I was your buyer you'd be getting 1 star for communication and at least a neutral.

CatAmongThePigeons Mon 13-Jan-14 13:03:51

Pictures, my account used to be Hotmail (back in 2004) and now it's Gmail, never had any problems.

Picturesinthefirelight Mon 13-Jan-14 13:22:42

I think it's something to do with me not having a credit card & me refusing to allow PayPal to hold my bank account details on file.

chillykitty Mon 13-Jan-14 13:43:07

Posted first thing this morning

Dustyblue Tue 14-Jan-14 01:52:42

Chillykitty- maybe this woman genuinely lost her purse? If so, she'd be far more concerned with sorting that out than paying you, especially since she had 7 days to do it anyway.

As a seller, you need to assume honesty from the buyer first. Most of them are. Until a pattern of dishonesty emerges, you should treat them nicely & uniformly.

You were OTT by contacting them twice before payment was actually due.

Glad to hear it's so far worked out ok for you, but i wouldn't expect good feedback. That's just how it works.

nickstmoritz Tue 14-Jan-14 14:18:17

Last summer DD really wanted a particular dress so I put a bid on for her before we went away for a weekend break - Fri night at my mums then 1 night in a hotel (a rare treat for us - DH had saved points for the hotel). I think the item finished on the Friday night. My mum doesn't have broadband and we spent the next day out. As DH had brought his laptop I looked at ebay late on the Sat eve and the seller had messaged me several times and was already threatening to report me to ebay. The messages were aggressive in tone. I was really upset and angry as I have 100% feedback on nearly 2000 ebay transactions and of course fully intended to pay as soon as possible. Although I generally pay immediately I would not expect any contact for 3 days. This is what I do as a seller - 3 days then re invoice, 3 days then polite message via ebay messages after 7 days no contact open a case.

btw The dress, although it was new, arrived totally creased - the most creased I have ever received. I would never buy from that seller again and gave 1 star for comms. Never send "lots" of messages. Just annoying.

chillykitty Tue 14-Jan-14 15:52:07

I wasn't hassling
Emails just said
Congratulations on winning this item
Payment now required

nickstmoritz Tue 14-Jan-14 22:07:10

Then that is not too bad. I was pretty sure you had not sent the sort of messages I got. I just wanted to share my annoyance with the seller I had. As a seller I do know that it can be a bit awkward if people don't pay immediately especially if it means several trips to the PO but I always give a few days because people do sometimes have genuine reasons for a delay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now