This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Grrrr bidder won my item fri 6pm still no payment

(46 Posts)
chillykitty Sun 12-Jan-14 12:50:06

I hv emailed them lots
What should I do next really need money ASAP

YoureBeingASillyBilly Sun 12-Jan-14 12:51:41

I think buyers have 7 days according to ebay rules. Did you state on the listing when payment was to be made?

YoureBeingASillyBilly Sun 12-Jan-14 12:52:30

And you will get bad feedback for harrassing them if you dont stop emailing. Its only sunday afternoon!

exexpat Sun 12-Jan-14 12:53:06

Do you mean Friday as in the day before yesterday? If so, you need to chill out a bit. Buyer could have put in a bid and gone away for the weekend/not have internet access until Monday. It's not their problem that you need money ASAP - Ebay rules give them more time to pay.

exexpat Sun 12-Jan-14 12:54:11

(and if a seller started emailing me 'lots' and hassling me immediately after a sale, I'd be tempted to cancel it and/or report them to Ebay)

flatmum Sun 12-Jan-14 12:56:15

If I was the buyer, I was invited out unexpectedly on Friday night straight from work, Saturday I was running around all day with a hangover and kid activities, Sunday I have only jut got dressed and come downstairs, I would only just be thinking about checking mails and going on eBay now and would probably decide, sod it, I'll do it tommorow on the train.

flatmum Sun 12-Jan-14 12:57:23

And if you hassled me for payment ONE DAY after the listing ended the evening before, I too would cancel and report.

HyvaPaiva Sun 12-Jan-14 13:06:17

You can't open an 'unpaid' case until seven days after the auction end. And you've emailed 'lots' already? confused

I'd report you for hassling me and cancel.

FannyFifer Sun 12-Jan-14 13:08:49

Jings. I would usually wait 3-5 days and send another payment request.
That wld piss me off if I bought something & the seller kept messaging me.
Are you quite new to EBay?

financialwizard Sun 12-Jan-14 13:09:12

What if that person has been working and not been able to get to check yet? There could be a plethora of reasons.

picnicbasketcase Sun 12-Jan-14 13:09:52

Calm down and give them some time. Of course it's more convenient for buyers to pay straight after the auction but often people forget when the item finishes, or are at work (not all jobs are mon to fri) or just haven't been on the Internet.
I would be really irritated to encounter a seller as impatient as you tbh.

PinkandPoo Sun 12-Jan-14 13:13:42

You can open an unpaid item case after 48 hours now

HyvaPaiva Sun 12-Jan-14 13:17:03

Apologies, I didn't know that the unpaid case timescale had changed. Thanks pinkandpoo for the info.

Still, probably better have a case opened than lots of emails to the buyer. It's probably more efficient.

CloserLook Sun 12-Jan-14 13:17:43

Unfortunately there is no guarantee that you get the money straight away with ebay (although a lot of buyers do pay as soon as the listing ends). I agree you'll probably get it either this afternoon or monday morning. A lot of ebay listings state payment within 3 days and I think this is what buyers are used to.

You can open an unpaid item case after 2 days but I really would stop sending emails. There's no need to send any emails. I usually wait a day and then send an invoice as a gentle reminder. I don't email for at least 2 days, 3 at the weekend.

McFox Sun 12-Jan-14 13:25:10

If be really annoyed if a seller had harassed me like this and would probably cancel the sale and report too. If you need money urgently, eBay isn't the way to go about getting it.

SoonToBeSix Sun 12-Jan-14 13:53:50

No don't open a case you are being obsessive and weird.

TheArticFunky Sun 12-Jan-14 13:55:43

Really?

They probably haven't even logged on yet. Some people have you know things to do.

LilyBlossom14 Sun 12-Jan-14 14:04:22

blimey - stop emailing them. open an unpaid item case tonight and wait 4 days and if they don't pay close it. An then add them to your blocked bidder list. Hopefully they won't pay because if they do they will probably leave you terrible feedback.

chillykitty Sun 12-Jan-14 19:01:51

I still

chillykitty Sun 12-Jan-14 19:06:10

I only messages twice
I always pay straight away
I have started a case they emailed have said they have lost purse so cancelled cards

ashtrayheart Sun 12-Jan-14 19:12:40

Last 2 things I have put on ebay they haven't paid, it's bloody annoying. I've got the unpaid assistant thing set up now so it starts and ends cases itself but it's a pain. I wouldn't keep sending messages though.

LilyBlossom14 Sun 12-Jan-14 19:38:16

oh well I would still continue with the case. You said you emailed them loads not twice. Either way, too much after 2 days - no need at all.

chillykitty Sun 12-Jan-14 19:58:02

Look it is up to me how much I message

McFox Sun 12-Jan-14 20:09:40

Why did you post this? Surely you weren't expecting everyone to be aghast by their terrible behaviour and congratulating you?! Yes it's up to you how often you message them, but don't post this then expect a round of applause ffs!

atthestrokeoftwelve Sun 12-Jan-14 20:26:17

Send another invoice- looks better than a personal email and buyer may think it has been automatically generated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now