This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Ae these boots not as described ?

(6 Posts)
EdieBlizzard Fri 15-Nov-13 19:24:16

Purchased some boots off ebay which were described as a mistake purchase and worn once. Seller noted that the heels have slight scuffs consistent with bring worn once. said boots have arrived and the heels are really worn down. Now unless the seller wore them once for a three month continuous period, this kind of wear would not have been possible. I feel that the description wasn't correct and want a refund. Do you think this qualifies and will I have to pay the £8 return postage? Thanks

EdieBlizzard Fri 15-Nov-13 20:30:03

Bump....

nickstmoritz Fri 15-Nov-13 23:09:36

Yes, if seller doesn't help then open a not as described case. You might need to take a photo of the disputed wear. Return postage is always the iffy bit. Hopefully they will refund this. You could contact ebay customer service to ask for advice. I would not be happy either. yanbu to want to return.

jendot Sun 17-Nov-13 07:54:55

The seller is not obliged to pay your return postage even if the item was not as described. It just depends on the integrity of the seller.
Even if you open a case. You get your purchase price and original postage but not return postage.

penguinplease Sun 17-Nov-13 07:56:38

Send them back via collect plus and not Royal Mail. Costs half the price and is more reliable.

EdieBlizzard Sun 17-Nov-13 22:12:08

Thanks everyone - have done as advised.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now