This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer wants me to remove items from auction so she can Buy It Now

(7 Posts)
Ladytron Wed 13-Nov-13 07:23:43

I'm new to selling. Have several items in auction with Watchers but no Bidders, as yet. Got a couple more days left to go.
A Buyer has been in touch saying she wants all my items as Buy It Now and how much would I like for them altogether.
As a novice, my questions are:
1. Can I do this?
2. If so, do I just delete the items from sale?
3. Is there anything I should be aware of in doing this?
Also, I guess I will have to get a quote from the PO in packaging all together as quite bulky together...
Thanks for any advice you can give!

CokeFan Wed 13-Nov-13 07:46:19

If nobody has bid you can put a Buy It Now price on them. Don't just delete them and sell outside ebay because then you'll have no protection.

If you've got watchers then it might be as well to let the auctions run. We get this sometimes and we always say no - if they want the item they can bid on it.

Ladytron Wed 13-Nov-13 08:05:43

OK, thanks very much for the advice.

nickstmoritz Wed 13-Nov-13 08:08:16

If you do change to BIN make sure you check your postage as the difference if you go over 1Kg is significant eg this week I had a parcel that jumped up from £3 to £8 with one extra item so I had to send the items separately. Going over 2kg abroad jumps up hugely too.

As a general rule I let auctions run but if nothing has a bid on and you are happy to sell BIN then make sure you set a BIN price that compares to the final price of similar items. Also remember adding a BIN will cost you a fee.

impty Wed 13-Nov-13 08:09:05

I've done this before, only for the buyer to disappear. So my advice is just tell them to bid.

Ladytron Wed 13-Nov-13 12:23:35

Thanks again. There's quite a few watchers, so I think I will let it run.

As a new seller, best to ignore any buy it now requests until you've more experience under your belt. There's a lot of loopholes to exploit on both sides..

There's a simple way to respond to these buy it now requests, but it's outside of eBay policies and although you can participate without getting your wrists slapped by eBay, it requires careful deliberation wink.

Saves you a fortune in selling fees and negates any disputes from dishonest buyers though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now