This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Is this unusual?

(18 Posts)
CloserLook Sat 09-Nov-13 19:20:23

Ordered some toys a couple of weeks ago all from the same seller. Spent quite a bit so went for 1st class signed for. The seller took a while to dispatch and then didn't attatch the reference number. This always annoys me a little bit (postman hardly ever leaves a card so hate having to check down post office all the time) but I waited a few days after dispatch before asking for the reference number.

They took a few days to get back to me and then said they would check with the post office. I asked for the reference number so I could check myself online but they said they keep their receipts down the post office as they have so many. Now starting to worry a bit as this doesn't sound right to me. Can someone set my mind at rest here?

Locketjuice Sat 09-Nov-13 19:22:24

Does sound strange, when were they suppose to be delivered?

SandyDilbert Sat 09-Nov-13 19:28:35

sounds like they are lying - I would open a not received case if I were you. I have never heard of anyone keeping receipts at the post office, either they haven't posted it, or they have without tracking and it is lost.

FlutterShyPinkiePie Sat 09-Nov-13 19:32:09

The post offices now offer a service where regular customers can sign up then leave the parcels to be stamped and pick up the receipts at a later date. so it could be true if they use this service (can remember what it's called, sorry)

FlutterShyPinkiePie Sat 09-Nov-13 19:34:50

'drop and go', that's it..

CloserLook Sat 09-Nov-13 19:45:21

That's stopped me panicking a little thanks. The items are down on the order details as due by tuesday 12th which I also thought was odd as they were apparently posted on last sunday 1st class (from this country so not international). I bought them on 28th october and they were estimated delivered within 2 days so not overly confident of receiving them now.

lljkk Sat 09-Nov-13 19:45:21

drop & go or the seller has an account/arrangement with their local PO and they haven't picked up receipt yet. I wouldn't worry about them not having number to hand.

Getting your money back will be straightforward if it never turns up.

CloserLook Sat 09-Nov-13 19:47:30

Thanks lljkk. I don't think I can open a case until the actual due date can I?

Locketjuice Sun 10-Nov-13 19:47:37

Well if you were due to get them on 1st ish I would email to say if they do not arrive by Tuesday you would like a full refund and will be leaving negative feedback for wasting your time. That's a joke! I'm too impatient to wait that long wink

Locketjuice Sun 10-Nov-13 19:49:22

And if they do arrive on or before Tuesday I would still mail them to say you will be leaving negative feedback for the lack of communication and slow dispatch times, usually you can get partially refunded as no one likes the black cloud of negative feedback smile

Locketjuice Wed 13-Nov-13 11:29:04

Did you receive them?

CloserLook Wed 13-Nov-13 17:20:03

Still not received.

Opened a case with ebay which got a response from the seller but they're still making excuses. They still won't give me tracking or tell me exactly when they posted but have promised I'll receive them by Friday. Hmm...we'll see.

Either way they're getting a negative for bad communication and slow dispatch.

lljkk Wed 13-Nov-13 18:58:55

Assuming it really is almost 3 wks now,
No, don't leave the FB yet.
File item not received case, go to resolution centre to do that. Don't give them any more time.
Wait until you have your money back or the item to leave FB.

CloserLook Wed 13-Nov-13 19:46:07

Thanks lljkk!

I ordered and paid (not echeque) on 28th October.

I opened an item not received case for each item first thing this morning. Suddenly they appeared to be checking their emails!

And don't worry I'm definitely not going to leave feedback until I have either received the items or been refunded (would much rather have the items or I've got to bid all over again). I just meant that even if the items do turn up it's taken over 2 weeks and the communication has been awful so that decides the feedback already.

It's frustrating as I was being organised getting a few toys for my ds advent calendar early!

lljkk Thu 14-Nov-13 10:39:20

Oh well, how many days before you can escalate the case? Is it 6? And then you'll get money back & know you can shop elsewhere (still plenty of time before 1 Dec)

go find Calendar stuff in real shops, support your local businesses smile.

CloserLook Thu 14-Nov-13 13:33:06

They finally turned up this morning. Postage was marked yesterday. grin

Still don't get why anyone would bother waiting for a case to be opened before actually dispatching. Completely beyond me!

Don't worry lljkk I've bought plenty of other stuff for the calendar in the local shops. These were lego minifigures, my ds has got a good few already so we didn't want to buy blind bags in the shop and end up with duplicates.

Thanks for letting me rant! smile

nickstmoritz Fri 15-Nov-13 08:12:21

Sounds like a cool advent calendar! Glad you got them. Very slow dispatch.

I have had 2 items not turn up at all lately. I got money back for one which I think seller didn't send because item went for less than they wanted and the other just hasn't arrived and case open.

CloserLook Fri 15-Nov-13 09:52:21

I've had awful luck with buying stuff on ebay recently. I'm sort of glad to hear it's not just me! smile

I had one cancel on Monday (on buy it now, listed as over 80 in stock) because 'the item is not in stock anymore, we sold them on another site over the weekend'. They did refund but only after they'd marked as dispatched. The money's still being held by Paypal so haven't got it back yet. They're also a 'powerseller' so I can't leave them appropriate feedback for another few days. angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now