This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

is this fraud?

(5 Posts)
howrudeforme Mon 04-Nov-13 16:56:19

I sold a pair of my dh's old jeans. Buyer from my view had checked out but not paid. Buyer contacted me a few times re issues with ebay paypal and his own bank account and is now saying he's had an interview with his bank and he's suggesting he can pay via paypal but not through ebay but rather my giving him my paypal email.

Is this OK or is this fraud?

KringleCandleLover Mon 04-Nov-13 16:59:12

I've paid for things (not ebay) by paypal itself when I've known the email addy..

PeterParkerSays Mon 04-Nov-13 17:03:10

I don't know if it's fraud, but I wouldn't touch it. He bid through eBay, and now can't pay through eBay, so I'd cancel the sale and repost the item again. He doesn't sound sufficiently solvent to bother with this.

SandyDilbert Mon 04-Nov-13 18:25:51

it isn't fraud - but what has an interview with his bank got to do with paying by ebay. Sounds bizarre?

lljkk Mon 04-Nov-13 19:49:02

When you go to pay an ebay invoice you log into paypal with any paypal account you like; in other words, he does NOT need your email address. He can use any paypal account to pay any invoice he can access.

From OP's pov I don't see a problem with invoicing him outside of Ebay but from buyer's POV he probably has less protection, so best not to.

afaik you only get paypal protection if you send item to the paypal address. So watch for any variations in address he wants item sent to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now