This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer moaning about packaging

(10 Posts)
ShootMyMIL Mon 04-Nov-13 12:18:40

Sent a large boxed children's TV game by courier

Item arrived with buyer they let me know it works etc but are disgusted with how I packaged it!

I was packaged
2 layers of bubble wrap
2 layers of bin bags (average thickness)
Plastic bags scrunched and taped on
Parcel bag

Anything wrong with that?

Maybe they wanted sweets in between the layers a la pass the parcel?

GemmaTeller Mon 04-Nov-13 19:49:35

Nothing wrong with that,
I don't care what my ebay purchases are wrapped in as long its all dry, clean and intact and doesn't smell of smoke

lljkk Mon 04-Nov-13 19:55:26

Was it reused-recycled packaging materials?
People are strange.

Handbagsonnhold Mon 04-Nov-13 19:58:31

Some Ebayers have an aversion to the bin liners....I've actually been asked "this won't be wrapped in a bin liner will it" when I sold a bag recently....silly I know....sounds like you wrapped that really well!

Tryharder Mon 04-Nov-13 20:17:14

Have you asked her what the problem was?

I would reply along the lines of:

"I am sorry that you were not happy with the packaging, however, I packed it using bubble wrap and several layers of bags for full protection and to ensure that the parcel was waterproof.

If you could let me know what aspect of the packaging did not please you, I would be most grateful as obviously I am keen to ensure that all buyers are fully satisfied with their purchases.

Regards"

MrPricklepants Mon 04-Nov-13 20:24:07

It sounds a bit 'scruffy' but at the same time it's eBay, how on earth did they expect it to be packaged?

ShootMyMIL Mon 04-Nov-13 22:15:03

I used so many layers to make sure it was well padded & waterproof.

All brand new apart from the carrier bags

I asked what the issue was
Too much stuff was wasted & it took her ages to open it

lljkk Wed 06-Nov-13 08:25:09

Some people are never happy. [peeved smiley nobody else but me wants]

PurpleFrog Wed 06-Nov-13 09:08:55

Well I, for one, would gladly put up with the minor inconvenience of opening a securely wrapped, well padded package. I still remember being sent a pair of new ankle boots wrapped in a thin bin liner - I was not happy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now