The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Buyer says her son bid

(15 Posts)
LaTrucha Sun 03-Nov-13 08:14:34

and now she won't pay. It's for a toddler toy, and it was bid on by the same person several times on different days. It got a reasonable but not a bargain price, so perhaps it is buyer's remorse. Should I just let it go and relist. She's going to give me negative feedback if I don't, isn't she

superbagpuss Sun 03-Nov-13 08:16:52

I has this, it was for a computer game
I cancelled it, its not worth the hassle all round

ChazDingle Sun 03-Nov-13 08:24:37

if you've had more than one bid then can you give 2nd chance offer to the next bidder

LaTrucha Sun 03-Nov-13 08:34:44

Well, you're not going to get good feedback suggesting someone is a liar, are you? smile

How do you do the second chance thing?

LaTrucha Sun 03-Nov-13 08:37:09

Worked it out, thanks!

PatoBanton Sun 03-Nov-13 08:39:26

She's talking bolleaux but I agree nothing you can do but cancel, or do non paying bidder,

if you do non payer and she doesn't pay then she can't leave fb is the only thing and it takes longer (or maybe she can if she replies to dispute, not sure on that)

think ebay remove comment if not paid

SandyDilbert Sun 03-Nov-13 10:17:01

I would file a non paying bidder case after 2 days, only way to protect your a/c. If you offer a cancellation they can refuse, you don't get your fees back and they can still leave a neg.

SandyDilbert Sun 03-Nov-13 10:17:38

and don't do a second chance or a relist until a npb case is closed or the cancellation has been done otherwise you risk 2 buyers and only 1 item.

nickstmoritz Sun 03-Nov-13 12:49:48

I would just ask her to cancel and either offer to next person or re list. Send a friendly message saying no hard feelings. Keep it friendly and helpful it is good for your fb and let's face it, it is only a toy and it doesn't really matter if it was true or she bid on 2 and won the other or some such scenario. I always try & give benefit of the doubt even if it is a bit of a pain.

lljkk Sun 03-Nov-13 13:05:20

i wouldn't file NPB if cancellation was possible; she can easily pay & then trash the OP's stars if she's annoyed about the NPB.
I would block that buyer, nonetheless.

LaTrucha Sun 03-Nov-13 13:27:40

Thanks for your help. Ebay does seem to make sellers vulnerable. So, how would she or I cancel?

SandyDilbert Sun 03-Nov-13 13:40:37

I disagree - she is far more likely to refuse a cancellation than pay for the item just so she can ruin your feedback. npb is the only way to protect your a/c and issue her a strike.

LaTrucha Sun 03-Nov-13 13:41:55

Why would she refuse to cancel if she doesn't want to pay?

lljkk Sun 03-Nov-13 13:50:57

Got to resolution centre and say as a seller you want to cancel, LaTrucha, there are drop down options to take you thru the procedure.

If buyer sounds genuinely apologetic then I think cancellation is best, would be best in my experience. Ebay expects you as seller to bend over backwards to be nice about this. You have a real chance to get FB retracted if she refuses to cancel & trashes your FB. Keep all your comms to Ebay msgs and be very polite & professional.

NPB may not work because she may pay after all, but resent you for it & trash your FB. Not only that, but you'll have less chance to get Ebay Corp to revise that Feedback if you go down the NPB route when buyer has been nice about asking to cancel.

There is some risk no matter which choice, so I try to do the decent human thing.

LaTrucha Sun 03-Nov-13 14:01:03

Ok. I'll try that. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now