This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

item sent to me but not my item??

(12 Posts)
sunnylabsmum Fri 01-Nov-13 12:47:34

Hi there
Today I signed for a parcel and upon opening it is for a dress which I have never seen! A piece of paper inside has a name and address and a request for refund.
As there is no phone number or email and I have never heard of the person what's the best advice to follow??

Can you look up a phone number for the name and address?

ginmakesitallok Fri 01-Nov-13 13:00:20

Was it your name and address on the parcel? Do you sell stuff?

sunnylabsmum Fri 01-Nov-13 13:04:46

many thanks
Unfortunately I only have a first name and address so I don't think I will be able to get a phone number.
I have sold things in the past but not for a while. I tried looking back over my past sales but as they are over 6 months ago I don't seem to find the addresses

nickstmoritz Fri 01-Nov-13 13:05:17

Can you work out how your address got on it? Must be through another ebay transaction. Have you sold anything recently (a dress maybe?) and the buyer has got you muddled up with another seller? I would look at who might have bought from you and check their addresses to see if they match the address in parcel then contact through ebay messages. Very odd though and something of a hassle to you to deal with. Good luck!

sunnylabsmum Fri 01-Nov-13 13:05:22

yes it was my address on the label!

nickstmoritz Fri 01-Nov-13 13:18:49

x posted

nickstmoritz Fri 01-Nov-13 13:22:03

I don't suppose there was an item number on the paper work? I think I would probably just tell ebay customer services what happened and leave it unless you feel like sending a postcard to the sender's address telling them what has happened and letting them sort it.

SandyDilbert Fri 01-Nov-13 14:15:04

so a buyer has returned an item to you for a refund which you didn't sell them

can you look for the item in completed listings?

LondonNinja Fri 01-Nov-13 14:19:52

Could it be a gift?

Wormshuffler Fri 01-Nov-13 14:23:15

Have you bought something and the seller has posted you this in error and sent your item to someone else?

SandyDilbert Fri 01-Nov-13 14:30:09

I wonder if the seller of the dress used recycled packaging, which happened to have your return address on it? Do you put your return address on parcels?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now