This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Item broken on arrival

(4 Posts)

I've bought a DVD player on Ebay advertised as in used but working order. It's arrived today, the buttons have all come off and are in the box, and the front is falling offsad
Obviously I'm not happy that I've paid for a broken item, but I suspect it was damaged in transit, as it was in the box unprotected, but with a fragile sticker. What do I do?

Thanks

bundaberg Mon 28-Oct-13 16:18:25

message the seller and tell them, provide pics if possible.

they should refund you and then claim the money from the courier they used

Clargo55 Mon 28-Oct-13 16:23:18

Contact them for a refund. I have had this happen with a sewing machine and the seller fought me all the way. eBay were on my side and refund no problem. Yes to taking pictures. I now never buy electrically on eBay unless I can collect them and plug them in before handing money over.

I have taken photos, when I opened the box and the front was coming off I took a photo before even taking it out. But will I have to.pay to send it back? I can't really afford to and it was a birthday present for ddsad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now