This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyers not turning up..

(8 Posts)
skyblue11 Sat 26-Oct-13 12:32:01

I cam home early last week for a buyer, they never showed up. I sent them mu mobile number so they could text me. They texted at midnight stating they were coming at 11 today (without asking if this was convenient) I stayed in, it's now 12.30 no show again. Really p** off with them. I just sent a text saying i was expecting them at 11 and I now need to go out this afternoon, still no response. Grrrrr....

SandyDilbert Sat 26-Oct-13 13:56:17

I would file a non payer case, close in 4 days and then block them and relist. And only ever take cash for collected items too.

lljkk Sun 27-Oct-13 09:45:36

What Sandy said.

skyblue11 Sun 27-Oct-13 12:45:20

What is it with people? The other item I sold was due to be collected today and they asked could someone 'drop by tomorrow' like I have nothing else to do but stay in for folks! She wanted to pay direct into my bank account but I said I wanted the collectors to pay cash on collection, that's what the listing stated after all.
Re the first buyer, i have sent her a message saying unless i hear from her by 7pm tonight I will cancel the sale and relist (not sure i can do that but I wanted to let her know I am sick of being messed around) and I will assume due to her lack of response she no longer wants the item. I'm just a bit scared she knows my address and may turn up randomly for it!

SandyDilbert Sun 27-Oct-13 13:39:10

receiving money by bank transfer is perfectly safe as a seller - the buyer has no protection at all, but as a seller it is fine.

skyblue11 Sun 27-Oct-13 14:08:26

Hmmm....just didn't want to be checking for the funds going in and clearing....

lljkk Sun 27-Oct-13 14:13:13

You mustn't relist until you have closed NPB or cancelled case fully.

skyblue11 Sun 27-Oct-13 17:28:11

Bugger and it's free listing day too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now