The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

10 days to pay for item!!

(11 Posts)
RachelHRD Fri 25-Oct-13 17:55:24

Buyer won pair of men's trousers last Sunday. Sent invoice on Sunday, then a polite reminder to pay within 24 hours to avoid unpaid item case on Wednesday evening. Still no payment so opened a case today and finally got a reply this afternoon saying that he still wants the item but the earliest he can pay is next Wednesday -10 days after the item ended if that's ok!!!!
WWYD? I want to sell it still but bloody hell that's extracting the michael somewhat!!

SandyDilbert Fri 25-Oct-13 18:39:28

I would close the case on Sun, add to blocked bidder list and then relist for the free listing on Sunday night.

Angrybudda Sat 26-Oct-13 09:39:09

I sold a pram on their on Wednesday, by Friday the winning bidder decided he didn't want it!! So relisted it and the same thing has happened again. Neither time has the bidder come and see the the pram. I am now scared to put it on again and people will presume there is something wrong with it! Argh!!!
If you aren't sure or can't pay, please do not bid!

Sorry rant over and that I took over your thread.

MrsDoomsPatterson Sat 26-Oct-13 09:42:26

They were waiting for payday - id be understanding, as long as they paid, but tell them you're not too happy.

lljkk Sat 26-Oct-13 10:22:20

Will it be easy to sell the trousers to someone else? If so then I'd go down the NPB route. If not a highly desirable item might be worth letting them have more time to pay.

nickstmoritz Sun 27-Oct-13 11:08:29

I would wait for when they asked to pay then if no joy within 24 hrs open case. Then, you have been more than fair, kind and understanding and they will be messing you around big time so go through non pay process. They should have contacted you and asked if you were ok with waiting first to be polite. tbh I would probably then block as others have suggested.

It's just such bad manners to not pay quickly IMO. All a buyer has to do is contact the seller before they place a bid, asking if it would be OK to pay on such and such a date because they really want the item but won't have the money till then. How hard is that!

RachelHRD Mon 28-Oct-13 18:56:18

Agree Livid - very rude!

Going to let him pay late as these trousers have been relisted several times - will then block him!!

Thx all

Tryharder Mon 28-Oct-13 21:13:55

It's a bit irritating but as someone said, he wants the trousers but cannot afford them until payday. I would cut him some slack personally. It's just a few days.

cafecito Tue 29-Oct-13 23:13:55

I don't really see a problem with this. It's nice if the buyer tells you there will be a delay - but being understanding and nice to buyers may mean they will come back and bid on more of your listings in future. As long as they pay in the end I don't really think it matters.

RachelHRD Wed 30-Oct-13 22:38:03

Cafecito - it shouldn't take a seller having to send numerous invoices and then open an unpaid item case to get a response re payment for an item. If you have a problem paying you should contact the seller sooner. I wouldn't have minded waiting a bit longer had he told me when I sent the first invoice!
He has now paid so at least he kept his word - eventually!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now