This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Can't add photos to listings later

(5 Posts)
alltoomuchrightnow Fri 25-Oct-13 15:50:13

This is a bit of a pain! Anyone else noticed this? When there's a free listing weekend I often do the listings and add photos the next day.. especially if am in a rush...or don't have camera/items to hand..(or time to iron clothing) but you can't do this now! Photo has to be added with the original listing. Wonder why they changed this?

Primrose123 Fri 25-Oct-13 15:54:00

I think what you can do is upload your photo to photobucket or something like that, and then put the right link into ebay, in the description part, not the actual upload photo part. The photo should then show in your listing.

I'm not sure how clear that is, let me know if I should explain it better!

GemmaTeller Fri 25-Oct-13 15:59:49

They have changed all the rules regarding listings, and as I understand it, you can no longer list an item without photographs and cannot upload any photographs containing 'grafitti' wording (ie using picasa or photoshop to add wording such as 'buy one get one free' etc).

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 25-Oct-13 16:31:16

thanks i need to be more organised.. to get items ready and photographed in anticipation of the freelist weekends.. which is not always possible!

lljkk Fri 25-Oct-13 19:25:23

A lot of people use place-holder pictures (I have one of DS). Just bung anything in there while you edit the listing (schedule it for later). And get the right image at your convenience.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now