This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Royal Mail Small Parcels size changing - GOOD NEWS!

(13 Posts)
PurpleFrog Wed 23-Oct-13 10:45:05

I have just had a look on some of the eBay Seller forums and noticed people talking about a change to the RM sizing for small parcel. There is conflicting info there about exactly when it will come into operation, but it looks like the small parcel thickness will be increased to 16cm for a 35cm x 25cm parcel! There will also be the current 45cmx 35cm x 8cm possibility. Typically, there is no info available on the RM website...

Looks like I will have to move some stuff back from the Charity Shop pile to the eBay one. grin

nickstmoritz Wed 23-Oct-13 11:38:19

That would be good news. RM changes have been a pain. Do you think the staff in the post office might know anything about this to tell us when the change might happen?

PurpleFrog Wed 23-Oct-13 12:07:58

On the thread I was reading some people thought it might be from Monday, others later in the year. If you are in your Post Office you could ask (and report back!)

This means for me that some shoes, book bundles, a collectable soft toy etc. etc. will now be worth selling.

HormonalHousewife Wed 23-Oct-13 13:52:40

Thanks for that info

They must have lost a lot to other competitors in that short space of time to make the decision to backtrack.

<also shifts some stuff from charity shop pile back to ebay pile>

nickstmoritz Wed 23-Oct-13 17:22:30

October 28th according to my local post office and shoe boxes will fit small parcel size smile

PurpleFrog Thu 24-Oct-13 16:54:40

Thanks for that!

Now, if it is Free Listing this weekend (fingers crossed) I can list some of the bulkier things.

lagoonhaze Sat 26-Oct-13 16:09:53

Thanks for posting this. Just a bit baffled that I cant find anything on royal mail site!

Yakky Sun 27-Oct-13 09:22:06

I went in my p o on Friday and she told me to keep the bulky ones back till Monday as it would be cheaper then. If the parcel fits in a boot box then it is small parcel now.

ohtobemeagain Sun 27-Oct-13 10:10:52

It took some finding but:

www.royalmailgroup.com/sites/default/files/Small_Parcel_size_change_decision.pdf

Looks like the rumours are true!

lagoonhaze Sun 27-Oct-13 17:30:17

Brilliant thank you

PurpleFrog Sun 27-Oct-13 20:16:15

You would think that they would be keen to advertise the change, wouldn't you? confused

Yay!

queenofthepirates Sun 27-Oct-13 20:31:34

Marvellous, now if only they'd change the size of all the postboxes so I'm not left trying to cram small parcels into an undersized slot, that would make my Christmas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now