The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Selling to USA

(7 Posts)
lljkk Netherlands Wed 25-Sep-13 22:48:43

Did you list it with a Best Offer option? If not, then just tell them no thanks in Ebay msg-ing.
I wouldn't bother to sell to USA, either. You pay postage and Ebay still gets FVF (£12?) if they don't like it.

Sarahplane Wed 25-Sep-13 22:46:38

Sorry I think I'm being thick here but I can't see how to decline?

Sarahplane Tue 24-Sep-13 20:04:25

Thanks for your help, I know what you mean it does seem a bit dodgy. They're offering £80 but p&p looks like it might cost another thirty or fourty which just seems crazy. hmm

GemmaTeller Tue 24-Sep-13 19:03:59

Take it to the post office and ask them the best way to send it with insurance and a tracking number.

They will also advise if it can be sent as there is now long list of prohibited items.

You put a simple customs label on declaring the item and value and its up to the recipient to pay any customs fees.

If you're not happy to send the item you can decline the request.

LilyBossom Tue 24-Sep-13 19:01:44

I dunno - but it does seem a bit dodgy - why would someone in the USA pay all that postage for a netbook to be sent all that way - I would have thought it could end up damaged in transit. It isn't like they couldn't buy one locally is it?

I wouldn't do it tbh.

Sarahplane Tue 24-Sep-13 18:42:29

If there is anything else we need to think of pr any recommendations for cheap shipping please let me know.

Sarahplane Tue 24-Sep-13 18:40:19

Hi I'm quite new to selling on eBay so not sure what to do. We advertised a netbook, only put uk postage on but have had a buy it now request from someone in America. How does this work and is it worth doing?

How would we adjust the postage costs? Any idea how much it is likely to cost? Do we need to do anything about customs or tax or anything?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now