The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Small fault with playmobil item - WWYD?

(6 Posts)
Kinect Sat 21-Sep-13 22:42:58

OH bid and won a playmobil set a few weeks back. Seller didn't post for over a week with no communication, we had to chase we're it was.

Item was described as, " Some wear and tear but still in very good condition".

Item arrives. Had wait a few days to test it as DD was around. Everything seems OK except the large base plate has a tiny bit missing. This tiny bit is the pivot for the 'secret trap door hiding place', which is one of the main features of the set.

I rang PM & it would cost £12.80 to replace the part.

Do I contact the seller and explain the problem or is it suck it up, as part of wear & tear?

fuckwittery Sat 21-Sep-13 22:45:54

I think it would be fair to ask for a refund

lljkk Sun 22-Sep-13 19:01:48

Morally, Depends how much of a bargain you got.

Tryharder Mon 23-Sep-13 09:43:24

Depends on the price you paid. If you paid £5 for something which would cost £90 new then I don't think you can moan about a small fault particularly as the seller said there was some wear and tear.

Up to you though.

georgeannaskala Mon 23-Sep-13 10:00:05

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Kinect Mon 23-Sep-13 23:32:21

We paid £25 plus P&P. They sell for £12 - £30 on ebay, just had a look at ebay sold listing, dependent on accessories / level of completeness.

You can't get this set new anymore, but PM do sell a more basic version in their 'accessories' section for £30, with no other parts / accessories at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now