This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

OMG really wierd seller !

(5 Posts)
HormonalHousewife Fri 20-Sep-13 23:08:08

I won an item yesterday - bit of an impulse buy total winning the auction by offering 5p more than previous bidder !

I then just messaged the seller to please just confirm this and that prior to me paying.

No response for over 24 hours, so I hadnt yet paid at this point.

Then I log into ebay and find she has left positive feedback saying 'awful buyer - had to sell to another customer for much less'

I'm like what ? ....

LilyBossom Sat 21-Sep-13 00:07:06

has she mistaken you for someone else?

you wouldn't need to confirm the price you won at, you could have just paid. But she should not have left that feedback, ebay will remove it if you ask them, and she can't sell to someone else until after a non payer case has been opened and closed 4 days later.

If I were you I would pay now, and ask when she is going to send your item.

HonkHonk Sat 21-Sep-13 00:23:53

I'd be wary of paying now. Sounds like s/he doesn't want to sell to you for whatever reason so item may no longer exist/already have been sold. But def report.

LilyBossom Sat 21-Sep-13 00:26:40

but if you don't pay you may get non payer strike - if she doesn't send you can of course get a refund

lljkk Sat 21-Sep-13 13:47:09

I think it's a genuine mistake. I spend too much time browsing other people's feedback and there are so many mistakes (eg, saying "Never sell anything to this person!" with a grey/neutral dot next to a seller's f/back.

OP could contact the seller to please withdraw it. Can't make a neg comment about buyers, anyway, so OP can easily get the comment removed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now