This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Ebay seller cancelled order after payment, what to do...

(13 Posts)
lljkk Thu 19-Sep-13 20:40:37

If seller doesn't refund, after you give up & deny their cancel request, you can file for a refund by going to resolution centre & stating item not received. It all happens automatically from there.

And thanks LilyBosom, I feel like I know what I'm doing now.

Oh, a battle plan, thanks so much lljkk! I will email the seller now.

LilyBossom Thu 19-Sep-13 19:15:03

the cancellation does not mean you get an automatic refund. The seller either has to refund manually, or you can file not received via ebay and they will make her refund you.

lljkk Thu 19-Sep-13 19:11:12

ps: you could refrain a few weeks before leaving feedback; if you see her relist the exact same bundle in that time then I would leave neg FB and report her as non-performing liar seller.

lljkk Thu 19-Sep-13 19:09:28

Ha! you as buyer have the power. Seize it.
Notify her that you will have to refuse the cancellation request unless she refunds in the next 24 hours (hopefully she sent request less than 3 days ago?) Ebay recommends that buyers do not accept cancel-request unless they have had full refund, remind her of that.

You can't make her send items, especially if she doesn't have them.

I am nice and would give her 24 hours to refund. When a seller sends a cancel-request they are warned that they should refund first, she has no reason not to know this.

Once she refunds I would accept cancel-request but I would probably leave neutral f/back about my disappointment that sale couldn't be completed. You could punish her far more so that's pretty good deal for her.

I've just checked paypal and she has not refunded yet. So far it's just the cancellation request. If I refuse the cancellation I'm concerned I won't get a refund or the clothes. If I agree to the refund, do I get an automatic refund, or am I dependent on the seller's goodwill? (I have no reason to worry about this, I just don't know how the process works).

LilyBossom Thu 19-Sep-13 18:29:59

first of all has she refunded?

If she has sent you a cancellation request you can respond and say you refuse the request, then she won't get her fees refunded. Or has she just emailed you and said you can't have the item you won?

plus you can leave back feedback and low stars plus report to ebay as a non performing seller. So no, you don't have to just suck it up.

lljkk Thu 19-Sep-13 18:28:47

Have you been refunded, OP?
You'd be in your rights to report them Ebay as non-performing seller, depends whether you think they made a genuine human error.
I have done this, btw, sold something only to realise I previously sold it. Profuse apologies on my part.

I only paid a few quid, I was prepared to pay a chunk more but nobody else was bidding. I think there was a tidy margin on the postage.

I will check out the nct sales, much appreciated, I didn't think of that and keep an eye out for other auctions.

Thanks for your help.

BikeRunSki Thu 19-Sep-13 18:01:42

That is very unsporting of the seller, but she is allowed to do it. Her reason awful though. I ha e cancelled sales in the past because i' ve burnt something ironing it to post out.

I think you' ll just have to suck it up. But look on the NCT website for the autumn round of Nearly New Sales. Much better than eBay for baby bargains! I would not leave her good feedback though.

NatashaBee Thu 19-Sep-13 18:01:13

Pretty crappy of the seller (how much did you buy it for? Maybe she wasn't happy with the selling price). But there's lots of good bundles of baby clothes on eBay, I bought all my DS's first stuff from there.

I'm fairly new to eBay, so I'm just looking for a bit of advice that's probably obvious to others.

I won a bundle of baby clothes today and paid immediately via Paypal. I've just got an email from the seller to say she has already sold the clothes to a friend and forgot to cancel the auction.

I'm disappointed, I suppose I have to just suck it up don't I and click this respond now button? But it doesn't seem in the spirit of things and I suspect it's because she didn't achieve the price she hoped for. Is this fairly standard practice or is it worth persevering with my budget baby eBay mission?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now