This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I want to courier something weighing 23Kg - can anyone recommend a courier, pls?

(8 Posts)
pindorasbox Wed 18-Sep-13 09:59:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sarahtigh Wed 18-Sep-13 10:18:55

parcel2go or parcelforce extralarge parcel

pindorasbox Wed 18-Sep-13 11:48:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lljkk Wed 18-Sep-13 17:50:03

Have done this twice in last 5 months.
You won't get cheaper than Parcelforce, ime.
Costs about £35 iirc? £3-£4 more for extra insurance.
Ebay is supposed to have a deal to send stuff like that for £15, but complete technical failure on Ebay's part when I tried to book.

TheProsAndConsOfHitchhiking Wed 18-Sep-13 17:52:42

I have accounts with interlink and parcel force, I can send anything up to 30kg for £6.00. if you are local to Lincoln I can post it for You. other than that I can not suggest anyone sorry.

lljkk Wed 18-Sep-13 17:54:57

What are the t+c of your accounts, ThePros? What do you have to do to get such cheap rates?

TheProsAndConsOfHitchhiking Wed 18-Sep-13 18:01:10

lljkk , I have a business and post out daily, at peak season (which is spring, summer) I can post out up to 25/30 items a day, between 2 & 30kg, In the autumn winter it generally goes down to about 4/5. I also have a Business account with royal mail for all the smaller items.

sarahtigh Thu 19-Sep-13 20:50:06

yes but unfortunately for a 1 off parcel you will not get that price

parcel2go quotes for many companies enter weight and dimensions, over 20kg is tricky as that is max for many couriers; the absolute max is 32kg because that is the max weight a single person is allowed to lift legally as part of job so heavier than that is a 2 person or pallet job

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now