This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Possible fake item

(6 Posts)
RoxyRobot Tue 17-Sep-13 20:27:25

I received an item this morning from a seller (call them seller A). I was pleased with the item so left positive feedback. I've just got a message through the eBay message system from a different seller (seller B) saying that seller A sells fakes and uses several usernames. The message even gave seller A's contact details including phone number. They presumably got my ID off the feedback I left seller A earlier.

I little freaked out by this. Even more because I've already listed seller A's item myself earlier today.

What do I do? I've already emailed seller B asking what there evidence is but do I withdraw my listing?

LilyBossom Tue 17-Sep-13 20:32:52

well they could be a rival seller trying to ruin seller A, but unless you are sure it isn't a fake you should end your listing.

Depends what it is, can you verify it in any way?

RoxyRobot Tue 17-Sep-13 20:37:29

It's a collectable I've not got any experience of but doesn't look or feel fake. I've withdrawn my listing. Don't want to take the chance.

LilyBossom Tue 17-Sep-13 21:38:30

can you get it verified anywhere so you know it is genuine? Can the seller you bought from prove it is real?

bundaberg Tue 17-Sep-13 21:40:27

why have you listed it yourself? you bought it and now are immediately selling it even though you're pleased with it?

RoxyRobot Tue 17-Sep-13 21:45:06

LilyBossom I'm trying to get it verified now.

bandaberg, I bought the item to sell on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now