The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Sending a bag to Canada?

(7 Posts)
Annianni Thu 12-Sep-13 07:50:33

I've got a few bits on ebay at the moment, and someone's sent me a message asking if I'd send a bag to Canada.

I'm lazy and usually send everything by RM. But I always make sure items are recorded etc.

Any tips on where best to look for a postage price?

The bag currently has a bid of £30 on by someone else.
The bags are only £70ish full price.

nickstmoritz Thu 12-Sep-13 09:28:08

You need to know the weight of the parcel then I think you can check online (royal mail). If it is a normal size handbag it is likely to be about £10 international signed for and about £7 normal airmail (Just a rough guess). I picked up a useful leaflet at the PO with prices for mail & parcels and I do use that to help.

GemmaTeller Thu 12-Sep-13 09:32:41

I post to Ameica and Canada all the time, it all gets there safely and quickly.

Without knowing the size and weight (and going off some items I've sent) I'd guess it would be about £12 with tracking

Annianni Thu 12-Sep-13 09:45:28

Brilliant, thanks.

I recently returned an item to the US and the dhl fee was $45 (luckily I didn't have to pay it)

Would customs charge a fee do you know?

nickstmoritz Thu 12-Sep-13 10:04:42

Not to you. You might have to fill in a custom form for certain countries but I think any charges there might be go to buyer not seller. I once had to pay them when DD bought a dress from USA.

Annianni Thu 12-Sep-13 10:31:52

Thanks.
Just looked on RM and I would have to fill a customs form in.
Postage is only giving me the option of a small packet or letter, and it doesn't give me sizes for the packet.
It's £20.50 for tracked because of the weight.

Annianni Thu 12-Sep-13 10:48:22

Parcelforce is saying £29.85 which includes insurance but not tracking.

That seems a lot.
I can't be bothered with it anymore!

Thanks for the help anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now