This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Postage costs for multiple items

(7 Posts)
mashpot Mon 09-Sep-13 22:09:31

Hello,
I just won two different listings from a seller - boys pyjamas and a baby grow. I sent a message asking for a new total invoice and she's only knocked 50p off the postage, so postage is costing £5.50. Does this seem reasonable? I was expecting a bit more of a discount but maybe I'm wrong?

LilyBossom Mon 09-Sep-13 22:48:22

seems v expensive - how much do they weigh?

mashpot Tue 10-Sep-13 13:22:16

Can't weigh much. Just light cotton PJs and a top for an 18 mo. I am not a particularly experienced Ebayer but just thought it seemed a lot. I guess I have to pay it now though.

Gosh there are SO many threads recently about people charging a lot for postage!

I get my kitchen scales out, weigh each item and state in my listings that I automatically combine postage and charge only for the stamps ( I reuse packaging and turn plastic shopping bags inside out etc). I hate hate hate it when people make profits off postage when combining it - if I were you I'd email back and say 'would you please send them in two separate parcels' grin

mashpot Tue 10-Sep-13 20:25:36

I paid it, but added a note to say I was surprised she couldn't discount more for sending both items together and she refunded me £2 and said she had got it wrong. Very reasonable, I'm happy.

sarahtigh Wed 11-Sep-13 10:05:56

wow a reasonable seller that's fair maybe she did not realise it would be the same price to send 2 as 1 please leave her good feedback to encoutrage her to adjust postage in future

mashpot Wed 11-Sep-13 22:40:58

I will!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now