The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Unpaid case

(5 Posts)
jollytummywobbles Sun 08-Sep-13 22:54:20

I had an auction end on Thursday- I had contact from the buyer straight away, asking for my address nd phone number (it's a collection in person only item). I've not heard from her since, and the item remains unpaid for despite me sending an invoice.

If I invoice again and hear nothing back, can I open an unpaid case? Also does this protect you from getting a negative feedback from the buyer? Have been ebaying for 12 years, never had a negative before and I want to protect myself from this!

GemmaTeller Sun 08-Sep-13 22:58:14

You can open an upaid case after four days and if ebay close the case in your favour it will prevent the buyer leaving feedback and they should get an unpaid strike.

jollytummywobbles Sun 08-Sep-13 23:01:00

If she then pays when I've opened the case, could she then leave me
A negative once the transaction was over with? Buyer came across as quite aggressive in email requesting details from
Me.

LilyBossom Sun 08-Sep-13 23:18:08

you can open a case now, it can be done after 48 hours. If they pay then yes they can still leave a neg.

Just make sure you don't take paypal if collected - only cash.

Agree with Lily, perhaps they haven't paid as they are planning to give you cash when they collect?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now