The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Returning item to seller by hand rather than courier

(3 Posts)
BeachTowel Sun 08-Sep-13 12:40:46

I bought a bike which was collection only (seller only lives round the corner).

The bike was not as described and after fairly fruitless dialogue with the seller, I escalated the case to Ebay and they have found in my favour (I think) and told me to return the bike to the seller so I can be refunded. The problem is that Ebay want a courier tracking number before they do this.

I do understand why they want this, but it will cost a fortune to courier - I wouldn't know where to begin with packing it! - and actually, I can just drop it round at the seller's house really easily.

Will it be possible for me to do this? If I get the seller to sign receipt for the item (will be awkward as she's pissed off with me) would Ebay accept this, do you think?

LilyBossom Sun 08-Sep-13 14:18:58

no - if you don't have online proof with a courier ebay will not refund you. The seller can't be forced to refund.

You should have paid cash and checked it before you took it. The seller is v silly taking paypal, you could have claimed not received and got a full refund.

Your only recourse is small claims court if the seller refuses to refund.

BeachTowel Sun 08-Sep-13 21:37:26

Thank you. I feared that may be the case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now