This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Do I have to wait a bit longer before I open a case?

(7 Posts)
SilkySocksSinkShips Fri 06-Sep-13 19:13:50

It could be me being impatient but..

I bought an item which ended on Sunday. Dispatch said within 4 working days. Still not marked as despatched and seller has not responded to my message I sent yesterday asking about it.

I paid immediately. Not sure what to do next? Just wait a bit longer?

80sbabe Sat 07-Sep-13 00:21:17

What is the estimated arrival date ?
Do you now how the seller was intending to send the item ?
These should give you some clues as to when to expect delivery.
Not every seller is quick to update dispatch details and if they didn't send until 4 days after payment then it may not have gone until yesterday.

Having said that though I do think that it's pretty poor all round.
4 days to dispatch is slow and if they then send by 2nd class it could well turn into 7-10 days to receipt.
Also no response to your message is not good, I would expect a reply within 24 hours.

Check the estimated arrival date on the order confirmation, but if I was in your shoes and nothing arrived in the post tomorrow I'd be opening a not received case. You may find this provokes a response and chivvies your seller up.

Do remember to leave accurate and honest seller ratings won't you ? Don't leave 0 stars as they don't count - if you are unhappy you need to leave a 1 star.

SilkySocksSinkShips Sat 07-Sep-13 08:48:39

It doesn't have an estimated arrival date, just 4 days dispatch time, Royal Mail 2nd class delivery. I'll give them until this afternoon to answer my message, I don't see me receiving it today.

Bloody annoying!

DropYourSword Sat 07-Sep-13 08:51:01

Doesn't dispatch mean they will send it out within 4 days, not that you'll receive it in 4? And they could have dispatched it without actually marking it online. IMO you should wait at least until next week.

LilyBossom Sat 07-Sep-13 14:29:59

you won't be able to open an ebay case yet, but you will be able to open a case, and escalate, with paypal.

sarahtigh Sat 07-Sep-13 16:43:19

bought on sunday with 4 working day dispatch time means posted on thursday second class mail/ my hermes courier is 3-5 working days which makes delivery next tuesday-thursday so the earliest you can open a non arrival case with ebay is next friday

ebay changed rules so that a non arrival case can not be opened until the day after the last day of estimated arrival so if arrival estimated 10-12th spetember you can open case on 13th

lljkk Sat 07-Sep-13 17:38:46

Lots of people don't mark as dispatched, and 4 days dispatch time plus something like 3 days 2nd class, should allow a week before assuming it may not arrive. And then contact them to ask where it is.

Never buy anything on Ebay if you're in a big hurry to get it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now