This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Bought item and payment is still pending even after second attempt?

(6 Posts)
Evenstar Thu 05-Sep-13 21:50:09

I bought an item on Ebay on 3rd September, payment via Paypal was still marked as pending and had an email from the seller today saying she would send the item as soon she received payment. All the reasons on the Paypal website pointed to the problems being at her end, but she says that she has never had a problem before. I have cancelled the payment and tried again this evening but it is still pending. Any suggestions, I am getting married next year and the item is a beautiful wedding dress I have set my heart on. Thanks in advance

LilyBossom Thu 05-Sep-13 22:03:46

wrong email address on listing. You need to log onto paypal, click on the payment and tell the seller what email address the payment was sent to. They can then hopefully add that paypal address to their paypal account to accept the payment

If that is not possible, cancel the payment, and ask them for the correct email address to send the payment too, which you can do from paypal.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Thu 05-Sep-13 22:12:45

Yep, they've probably accidently put the wrong email address on their listings. Happened to me once. I listed an item via the mobile site and couldn't see the whole email address that I'd selected. Turned out that I once wrote the wrong address in the box and it was that one that it decided to select and put in my next listing. Was a complete pain in the arse getting my buyers to cancel their payment and send them a new email address to pay into. Makes you look dead suspicious!

Evenstar Thu 05-Sep-13 22:21:46

Thanks everyone, have messaged her and will let you know how I get on smile

Evenstar Fri 06-Sep-13 16:35:55

It was the email address, we have sorted it out and the dress is on it's way smile Thanks for your help

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Fri 06-Sep-13 23:37:38

Oh well done. I knew it would be. <smug>

Lovely nn by the way. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now