The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Unusual feedback

(7 Posts)
RoxyRobot Thu 05-Sep-13 10:29:40

I had a buyer with a problem paying last week. I sorted it out and they were very grateful.

Since then they've contacted me asking my name several times even though i my name is at the bottom of every email i send (my actual name not my ebay id). I've replied politely telling them my name and ebay id and to contact me if any problems.

They left me a positive feedback earlier but it sounds more like they were trying to contact me. They said looking forward to receiving item and can i reply with my name.

I know it's a positive feedback and in no way negative but it looks odd if someone reads it. Is it normal to leave feedback such as this when you haven't received the item (it was posted late saturday 2nd class so i gather they haven't got it yet)? And why do they keep asking for my name? What should i do?

LilyBossom Thu 05-Sep-13 12:24:45

no it is odd - I guess they are not receiving your messages & don't understand how feedback works.

The name this is a bit weird - am afraid I would ignore.

HormonalHousewife Thu 05-Sep-13 12:26:35

I would just leave it go.

After a few more transactions it will disappear down the page.

RoxyRobot Thu 05-Sep-13 12:33:14

They're definitely receiving my replies to them as they keep emailing back at 3am then asking the same question over and over. Creeping me out a bit tbh. confused

Worried other people seeing my feedback might think I'm not communicating with them.

nickstmoritz Thu 05-Sep-13 13:05:48

Ignore now, don't reply to any more messages and report if it carries on.

LilyBossom Thu 05-Sep-13 15:00:05

you could add a reply to the feedback saying 'thank you for your order - I have replied to every message I have received - please check messages'

or suchlike. Makes you look businesslike and polite then I reckon.

RoxyRobot Thu 05-Sep-13 16:46:58

Thanks for that tip LilyBossom. I think I'll do that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now