This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

postage refund

(10 Posts)
alemci Wed 24-Jul-13 22:06:09

I mean buyer

alemci Wed 24-Jul-13 22:05:18

did this and tester was very pleased and commented on my honesty. perhaps not many people do.

sometimes I see things I like on eBay but know postage is too much and it doesn't cost that much but I think people don't realise that postage shouldn't be profit making.

sarahtigh Wed 24-Jul-13 21:49:54

as above with a note

" hi buyer, a small postal refund for you as when I went to PO/courier it cost less than I thought ( or managed to send as large letter rather than small parcel)kind regards Alemci"

gets you really good feedback too

lljkk Wed 24-Jul-13 07:45:29

I get glowing feedback when I do this. Too bad buyers can't give you more than 5 stars. Definitely not standard practice.

Yes, it's an option when you go into the transaction in PayPal smile

LilyBossom Mon 22-Jul-13 20:58:11

you just log into paypal, click on the payment, scroll down and enter how much you want to refund. No they don't charge.

alemci Mon 22-Jul-13 20:34:33

is it straightforward and do paypal charge. could someone advise me how you go about it thanks

I did this today! Didn't wait for them to receive the item, just did it as soon as I got back from the post office smile

LilyBossom Mon 22-Jul-13 19:48:41

I would just do it now, no point in waiting really.

alemci Mon 22-Jul-13 19:38:44

I posted out an item and it cost less than I anticpated. I want to give buyer a partial refund. I haven't done this beforw but would it be better to wait til they receive item. I am going away shortly and may be gone before she gets it.could I just leave it and do it when I get back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now