This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

postage refund

(10 Posts)
alemci Mon 22-Jul-13 19:38:44

I posted out an item and it cost less than I anticpated. I want to give buyer a partial refund. I haven't done this beforw but would it be better to wait til they receive item. I am going away shortly and may be gone before she gets it.could I just leave it and do it when I get back.

LilyBossom Mon 22-Jul-13 19:48:41

I would just do it now, no point in waiting really.

I did this today! Didn't wait for them to receive the item, just did it as soon as I got back from the post office smile

alemci Mon 22-Jul-13 20:34:33

is it straightforward and do paypal charge. could someone advise me how you go about it thanks

LilyBossom Mon 22-Jul-13 20:58:11

you just log into paypal, click on the payment, scroll down and enter how much you want to refund. No they don't charge.

Yes, it's an option when you go into the transaction in PayPal smile

lljkk Wed 24-Jul-13 07:45:29

I get glowing feedback when I do this. Too bad buyers can't give you more than 5 stars. Definitely not standard practice.

sarahtigh Wed 24-Jul-13 21:49:54

as above with a note

" hi buyer, a small postal refund for you as when I went to PO/courier it cost less than I thought ( or managed to send as large letter rather than small parcel)kind regards Alemci"

gets you really good feedback too

alemci Wed 24-Jul-13 22:05:18

did this and tester was very pleased and commented on my honesty. perhaps not many people do.

sometimes I see things I like on eBay but know postage is too much and it doesn't cost that much but I think people don't realise that postage shouldn't be profit making.

alemci Wed 24-Jul-13 22:06:09

I mean buyer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now