The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Picked up an pushchair on Weds and it didn't come with everything in listing

(8 Posts)
NannyMcphee12 Sat 20-Jul-13 22:54:40

Stupid me didn't check properly!!

The item was meant to come with a raincover but there's not a raincover with the pushchair.

I message the seller on Weds night & heard nothing back

What do I do next?

LilyBossom Sat 20-Jul-13 23:17:05

There really isn't much you can do - I guess you paid cash?

NannyMcphee12 Sat 20-Jul-13 23:25:42

No the woman wanted PayPal so I paid PayPal. She refused to deal with cash although I explained why.

LilyBossom Sat 20-Jul-13 23:30:58

well if you open a not as described case you would need to return tracked for a refund, ebay won't grant a partial refund for the cost of the cover

silly seller accepting paypal for a collected item btw.

You can of course leave appropriate feedback and stars.

janey223 Sun 21-Jul-13 00:06:24

Over a raincover I'd probably just leave bad feedback as you'd need to pay to return it hmm

NannyMcphee12 Sun 21-Jul-13 01:11:50

That's what I thought, thanks all

jendot Mon 22-Jul-13 08:17:50

Open a dispute with eBay and ask for the cost of the rain cover or the option to collect the rain cover as resolution. I would call her bluff and say that if she is not prepared to resolve then you will be returning the item for a refund ( if you were to return the item then you MUST get her to sign to say she has received it back in sent condition and take a witness with you).
You should have checked on pickup....BUT she should have included the items listed,
I would try to fight it...but would be aware that depending on the integrity of the seller it may not get me anywhere.

LilyBossom Mon 22-Jul-13 08:56:41

no sorry that is wrong, taking the item back and getting a witness to sign means absolutely nothing. You would need to return via a courier who gives online proof of delivery for a refund. Anything else is worthless. And opening a not as described case asking for the cost of the rain cover won't work either, ebay will not force her to give a partial refund.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now