The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Bloody Fuming !!

(27 Posts)
crazyhamsterdisguisedasapanda Fri 19-Jul-13 22:24:17

Does anybody else buy the Supermarket vouchers from ebay ?

I have , I used them twice in my local big Tesco & went tonight to do my monthly shop & when I went to pay they had me fishing each item per voucher out of my trolley & then the customer service manager came over & said that I was trying to commit fraud by using them & refused to let me have any of my shopping & banned me from the store with the threat of reporting me to the police !
He also kept all my vouchers .

He said I was in every week with them , yet im not & made me feel like a criminal angry

Obviously im going to try & get refunded for all my vouchers .

But just wondering if anybody else uses them ?
I have only used them twice before & never had any problems or anything .

I have been told when I rang the same store & spoke to the manager that they do accept them (this was two weeks ago) & if they didnt then they would not scan , so why has this happened. ?

crazyhamsterdisguisedasapanda Fri 19-Jul-13 22:32:45

Anybody at all ?? blush

80sbabe Sat 20-Jul-13 00:20:26

I don't sell them and I haven't bought them, however I am sure I have read that the vouchers are only valid in conjuction with the club card they are issued against and are not transferable.
Therefore if the name and the clubcard number don't match then Tesco are within their rights to refuse to accept them and they may confiscate them.

If your local store has kept the vouchers then I am not certain how successful you would be in claiming a refund via Ebay's resolution centre. Normally they would ask that the item is returned to the seller in order for a refund to be issued and if you can't do that you may be stuck.

kotinka Sat 20-Jul-13 00:21:35

wow! I've never heard of that before!

HenriettaPye Sat 20-Jul-13 00:23:34

Is it club card vouchers?

crazyhamsterdisguisedasapanda Sat 20-Jul-13 00:27:16

Its not club card vouchers

What kind of vouchers were they? How would they know where you had got the vouchers in the first place?
Unless they were fake vouchers? Sounds odd

crazyhamsterdisguisedasapanda Sat 20-Jul-13 01:10:17

I have used them before , they are not fake .
Vouchers for Purina products etc

HarrietSchulenberg Sat 20-Jul-13 01:22:18

Were they linked to Clubcard in any way?

What did the store manager say? Why did he think they were fake?

HarrietSchulenberg Sat 20-Jul-13 01:25:31

Sorry, I've just re-read and realised that he didn't say they were fake.

I suspect they've had some real fraudulent vouchers and it's mistaken identity.

Can you give us an idea of what the vouchers were (ebay link would be good) so we can work out what might be going on?

crazyhamsterdisguisedasapanda Sat 20-Jul-13 01:33:54

Sorry can't link as im on my phone , just type in 'supermarket vouchers'

differentnameforthis Sat 20-Jul-13 06:00:06

Your first act should be getting your vouchers back, he has no right to keep them.

LilyBossom Sat 20-Jul-13 08:09:27

I think Tesco are at fault here and you need to complain to them - I would take it to twitter if no joy with the store

But I agree you won't get a refund from the ebay seller if you don't return the vouchers to them - it doesn't seem to be their fault anyway?

They definitely weren't fake?

Because looking at some on eBay they look a bit dodgy.
Like £9 of pampers, I've had loads of pampers vouchers and I've only ever seen £1 ones. Or £5 off walkers, seems a lot when their biggest multipack will only be a couple of quid.

If they are definitely legit then I don't see why Mr Tesco should have any problem you using them.

Were they the same ones you used each time?

Lioninthesun Sat 20-Jul-13 09:57:15

Hope you got his name - maybe he hasn't seen them before, or maybe the seller on ebay is a scammer and you are just in the middle.. either way he should have let you explain yourself in private and not caused a big scene banning you etc. Seems they need to be clearer on what they accept with their checkout staff too if you have used them before.

crazyhamsterdisguisedasapanda Sat 20-Jul-13 10:04:07

I only purchase from specific sellers .
They all scan properly so they are not fake which is what I were told by the store manager when I rang

GettingVerySleepy Sat 20-Jul-13 10:09:34

I don't think you're allowed to use other people's vouchers according to the terms and conditions, as the people whose vouchers they are will have had to use their club card when shopping to be awarded the vouchers.

I did buy and use one from ebay once myself (think it was £5 off when you spend £40) and noticed I didn't get any "till spit" vouchers of my own again after that, like the tesco computer was "punishing me". Now we just use my husbands club card while shopping from his account he had before we were married, and we do get our own vouchers offered to us from it. Plus now I get vouchers in the post for my own card basically saying "come back" and offering me things like £10 off £70. We use these, then go back to using my husbands clucard!

crazyhamsterdisguisedasapanda Sat 20-Jul-13 10:12:51

It wasn't Tesco clubcard vouchers

LilyBossom Sat 20-Jul-13 10:34:39

so you need to complain to tesco not the ebay seller, it isn't the ebay seller's fault is it??

GettingVerySleepy Sat 20-Jul-13 10:39:38

How many were you using for how many items and how much money were you going to get off what total?

I've now searched ebay for these vouchers and a lot of them look too good to be true, like £5 off Andrex and Lindt and Nestlé etc with o minimum spend. Some of the ebay auctions even warn that you should only use one voucher per transaction but it sounds like you were using loads? I'm not saying what the manager did was right but I'm not that surprised about it either.

crazyhamsterdisguisedasapanda Sat 20-Jul-13 10:41:39

No I wasn't using loads , 1/2 at the most .

LilyBossom Sat 20-Jul-13 10:49:28

so why did Tesco accuse you of fraud - maybe you should have let them call the police? This doesn't make sense?

crazyhamsterdisguisedasapanda Sat 20-Jul-13 11:07:04

I was embarrassed enough without getting the police involved .
They accused me of fraud because they wreckoned I was knowingly using fake vouchers

NandH Sat 20-Jul-13 11:07:25

How odd :-/ ...sorry no real advise, i'd get onto the seller if they were fake!

LilyBossom Sat 20-Jul-13 11:08:35

but they weren't fake because they scanned ok - this doesn't seem the seller's fault??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now