This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Bad selling experience

(11 Posts)
rightsaidthread Mon 15-Jul-13 07:51:02

So I sold a dress a few weeks ago, buyer took ages to pay but did eventually and I thought no more of it.

Then receive email that she's opened a dispute as dress is damaged. Back and forth with emails to the buyer and too cut a long story short I agreed a return even though I am convinced dress was undamaged when I sent it.

She wanted me to pay return postage which I disagreed with as I had sent it free. eBay have said for her to pay return and me to refund. Still no dress but I have no problems refunding on receipt.

Now she has left me negative feedback, really fed up with this as I feel like I did everything to rectify her problem.

Anything I can do? as obv I can't leave negative feedback for her anymore.

FriedSprout Mon 15-Jul-13 08:02:20

Block her as some buyers will target you in the future.
Leave a carefully worded response something along the lines of "buyer had a problem with item. I refunded and apologised. One like this will make you look reasonable and her like a loon.

Also tighten up your buyer preferences to make sure you cover yourself as much as possible.

Do that by going into: My eBay
Account
Site preferences
Buyer requirements

By doing this you can block people who:
Don't have a PayPal account
Have received 2 unpaid item(s) recorded on their account within 12 month(s)
Have a primary delivery address in a location I don't post to
Have 4 policy breaches reported within 6 month(s)
Have a Feedback score of -1 or lower
Have a Feedback score of 5 or lower and no credit card on file
Are currently winning or have bought 10 of my items in the last 10 days

It really, really weeds out the 'nasties'

phantomhairpuller Mon 15-Jul-13 08:05:24

Put it down to bitter experience I'm afraid hmm

I had a similar thing happen not long ago. Not a lot you can do about it unfortunately, though I do hold off on giving feedback until they've given to me- just in case wink

rightsaidthread Mon 15-Jul-13 08:11:55

Thanks FriedSprout that's really useful, I will change all my preferences in a bit. Didn't even know you could to that.

I notice you can now report a buyer so will also do that. Still wont affect her 100% feedback but I see she has lots of negative comments in those positive boxes. hmm

Hardhaton Mon 15-Jul-13 08:16:03

U can go back to eBay and ask for it to be removed, because you have always been open in your communication, and have agreed to a return.

rightsaidthread Mon 15-Jul-13 11:52:00

Ooh how would I do that Hardhaton?
Love the name btw grin

sarahtigh Mon 15-Jul-13 14:54:07

she is meant to send back tracked for a refund hope you did not refund before item returned if she sent tracked the ebay can check whether received or not if you agree to a refund they are supposed to post within 3 days

if dress still does not turn up you reply to feedback

" i agreed to full refund on receiving item back item not returned no tracking number supplied"

makes you look reasonable ebay does not expect you to refund until returned unless something that would be illegal to return like broken glass vase then it would be reasonable to refund on receipt of photo of broken glass vase

WeleaseWodger Mon 15-Jul-13 14:59:34

If seller leaves negative worded reply with positive scores, buyer can ask ebay to remove it and seller will receive warning from eBay. So word carefully.

rightsaidthread Mon 15-Jul-13 16:45:39

sarahtigh no haven't refunded her yet. I'm a little suspicious that she is trying to hang into the dress and receive a refund. She got really shirty when I agreed to the refund but wanted the dress returned first.

Hardhaton Mon 15-Jul-13 19:14:15

Go to the resolution centre. They should be able to sort it.

sarahtigh Mon 15-Jul-13 23:35:46

sellers do not leave scores and you can reply to negative feedback as i suggested that is why I suggested the above wording

ebay will tell her to send it back tracked within 3 days of you agreeing to it and then you are supposed to refund within 3 days of receiving it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now