The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

I have loads listed on Ebay and i think most of it isn't going to sell!

(23 Posts)
lljkk Mon 15-Jul-13 08:53:20

local free ads? For bundles of kids stuff, I mean.

Tortoise Sun 14-Jul-13 22:10:00

Thanks thismouse.
No I don't have a dummy but could look to invest in one if it will be worth my while. Terrible lack of storage space though which makes it difficult.
I do try to fit good words in the title but can't always get it in.
I also do some bundles if got a few bits in one size.

I've also tried on local facebook selling pages. smile

thismousebites Sun 14-Jul-13 21:54:34

Okay Op. With regards to the clothes.....you're not photographing them to their best advantage. Do you have a dummy, as they look much better on them, more 3 dimensional.
Also, with childrens clothing, it's best to sell things in 2s or 3s. So you have for example 3 girls blouses all age 6, then you put them all in a bundle. Buyers don't like paying postage for just one item, they like to think they are getting their moneys worth.
If selling adult clothes, then sell separately.
You need to really make your title eyecatching, ie, capitalise the label if it's designer, and put it stuff like gorgeous and lovely and fab. Sounds corny but some buyers seem to love that.

Convert Sun 14-Jul-13 21:25:27

I put some stuff on there and it went for nothing. I was really pissed off! eBay is just so quiet at the moment.

Tortoise Sun 14-Jul-13 21:15:49

11 sold on other account out of over 100 items!
Better than none though smile.

Tortoise Sun 14-Jul-13 21:09:46

No not tried gumtree but as all photos are on Ebay its a bit if a gaff to get it all out again. I might do a huge sale in my garden in the summer hols!

Oddsock Advance search to look by sellers name. Most have now ended on one account though. Sold 6 items out of over 100!

Oddsocksrus Sun 14-Jul-13 21:06:16

So how do y search for a seller rather than a product on eBay? I'll go and look at your things if I could find them!

spacegirl81 Sun 14-Jul-13 21:03:15

Have you tried selling it on gumtree?

Tortoise Sun 14-Jul-13 20:58:25

It's for a year so not bad spread out but has to all be paid in advance.
I can claim £150 back from the college but they don't pay it until end of October.
I have to buy the pass before end of August. Just don't know where I will get that sort of money from. sad

lljkk Sun 14-Jul-13 20:44:49

I feel your pain about the expensive bus pass. Is that really just one term? How far does he travel?

Tortoise Sun 14-Jul-13 19:02:40

Oh bugger it! I need the money!

Lazyturtle2012 and

ozxyandme

Tortoise Sun 14-Jul-13 18:48:51

Snow I don't have a car (or a friend free to take me!) Otherwise I'd love to do one.
I'm not sure I'm allowed to put eBay names on here. Mn might tell me off! grin

Could you not do a car boot ?
I took a load of the girls clothes today and them (which was harder work and cut into my profit smile).

I labelled everything with the least i would take and kept it all lowish 50p t - shirts, £1,00 jeans and nice dresses and a couple of pound for their denim jackets and a few nicer designer bits and sold nearly 90 Quid.
i am doing another next week with all the stuff that doesnt sell today. I do it with a friend and share the cost and a car.

What's your eBay name ?

thismousebites Sun 14-Jul-13 18:39:04

Just relist for 3 days.
Or wait until near the end of the month, around the 27th/28th. I find that people pay stupid prices then as it's near pay day.

RoooneyMara Sun 14-Jul-13 18:38:18

Yes nothing is selling, it's dreadful.

Tortoise Sun 14-Jul-13 18:36:08

I can't relist it all as we go away next weekend.
Will have to wait for the next free listing.

sarahtigh Sun 14-Jul-13 18:18:22

any that does not sell immediately relist tonight as its free listing this weekend reduce starting price of all items by at least 10-20% you can go to unsold and relist all items in bulk if they do not sell unfortunately in good weather people are out not whiling away time on the computer and its too late to buy summer clothes and nobodies buying winter stuff apart from school uniform

Tortoise Sun 14-Jul-13 18:14:18

Not many watchers at all. I just can't afford to chuck it all out. No way of raising money other than Ebay.
I'm hoping for some last minute bids but worried that People will be too busy enjoying the weather lol.
Nothing is particularly heavy.

teabagpleb Sun 14-Jul-13 18:08:23

Kids clothes have done badly for ages. Brand name toys can still do well though.
Gumtree may be better for heavy items?

MisForMumNotMaid Sun 14-Jul-13 18:07:24

Have you got lots of watchers?

Auctions are tough to tell how its going till they actually end.

I tend to list buy it now or best offer based on just above average completion amounts, but below upper completion amounts. Most stuff sells quite quickly. If it doesn't you can revise the listing and lower the price.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sun 14-Jul-13 18:04:56

eBay is so quiet atm. I actually took a load of stuff to the charity shop for the first time in years. Good quality, good condition kids clothes that are just not selling.

Tortoise Sun 14-Jul-13 18:02:19

Items on both accounts! Not many bids.
All ends tonight.
I really needed this lot to sell, I need to raise £650 before end of August to pay for DS1s college bus pass.
I guess less bidders as a lot of people will be out enjoying the weather.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now