This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

If the post office send something as large letter does that mean it is def large letter

(6 Posts)
ChazDingle Sat 13-Jul-13 23:35:19

Took a couple of packages to the post office today. Its a village post office and the person working i'm sure is quite new as when i went in earlier in the week the owner was telling him how to do various stuff. Anyway he said one of the packages would go as large letter which i paid £1.10 for however i'm now thinking i'm not so sure it should have been and perhaps it should have been small parcel as i was expecting. There was a post office sticker attached to the parcel rather than just a standard stamp so does this guarantee it will go as large letter cus i had it weighed in the post office or can the recipient still get charged if postage is underpaid?

LIZS Sun 14-Jul-13 16:35:17

£1.10 seems to cover a smallish parcel size as well as bulky large letter. here -seelct UK, Large letter ? 25mm thick and under 750g

ChazDingle Sun 14-Jul-13 20:17:57

i know it covers up to a certain thickness, we have one of the plastic measuring things at work, but i thought it was supposed to be able to slip though the measurer easily, he kind of shoved it through,

Maryann1975 Sun 14-Jul-13 20:26:27

The post office in the local village will get things through as a large letter quite often where as the town post office will make you pay for a parcel for the same size item. I have never been told anything as had any excess put on it at the sorting office, so I guess there is some give and take on it. I would argue the toss with them if there was any come back, if it has a sticker on it, it's obviously there mistake. I try to only post in the village now, as it has saved me loads of money on postage.

ChazDingle Mon 15-Jul-13 19:41:58

well i've just got positive feedback on the item so guess it must have got there ok and she wasn't charged extra and it was delayed as i only posted 2nd class on thursday
Note to self- aways post at village post office.

ChazDingle Mon 15-Jul-13 19:43:15

thinking about it i actually posted 2nd class on saturday not thursday so it has got there bloody fast for 2nd class if its there in one working day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now