This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

item not as described, wwyd

(4 Posts)
PinkParsnips Fri 12-Jul-13 16:57:03

I bought an electric breast pump which was listed as 'perfect condition, used once' the picture used on the listing was one from the internet, rather than their own pic and it showed the pump, with bottle attached and the bottle stand.

When it arrived they had only packaged in an envelope so the box was squashed to smithereens and although the pump looks practically new and does work, most parts are there but there is no bottle (quite a key part really!) and no bottle stand. The listing doesnt mention missing pieces.

The thing is I have some bottles which will fit so cant really be bothered returning and having to look for another at same price (not sure if I would get return postage costs back anyway?) they are about 100 new and I paid 35 plus 5 postage.

It has made me cross though as its definitely not as described.

Would you contact the buyer and suggest a partial refund, if so how much do u think is appropriate?

I wouldn't like leaving a negative but thats the other option or return for full refund but thats a pain.

I don't think I put the bottle in when I sold my breast pump but think the buyer collected it so she could see what she was getting. The bottle had had a lot of use and was not in such good condition y'see.

For the sake of just getting out one of your own bottles and attaching it, I really would not bother to return it.

PinkParsnips Fri 12-Jul-13 17:10:54

Yeah I know what u mean, I dont think its so much the bottle being missing thats really niggling me, it just the feeling that they weren't that honest esp with saying it was only used once - I could understand it being missing if it had been well used...but maybe I should just suck it up and leave it I think :-) not the end of the world.

Maybe a neutral would be enough!

LilyBossom Fri 12-Jul-13 17:39:48

I think you should email the seller, and depending on their reply decide what fb to leave. Them using a generic pic and not an actual pic of the item is misleading.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now