Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer wants to arrange own courier and pay by bank transfer.

(7 Posts)
SirDoris Sat 06-Jul-13 09:12:22

Sold some chairs on eBay the other night. Collection only. No delivery options.
The buyer contacted me to say they will transfer the money into my bank account this morning and the courier will be in touch.
What should I do?

AnythingNotEverything Sat 06-Jul-13 09:20:48

You said collection only, and presume you said Paypal only in your payment options?

Therefore these are the options!

Buyers can claim that they haven't received an item and somehow you're safer through PayPal.

Be firm. You can always relist.

Actually on collection you are safest with cash.

Hmm. I would be torn on this one, bank transfers aren't normally refundable which is good, own courier = pain on the arse waiting for them to show up.

lljkk Sat 06-Jul-13 10:46:10

What Scone said, Buyer is the one at risk if they offer to do things this way. I'd probably say yes to it all.

fergoose Sat 06-Jul-13 11:04:10

no paypal is wrong - but bank transfer is bombproof so I say yes, let them arrange their courier, but I guess you will still have to charge for packing and do you want to wait in all day potentially?

SirDoris Sat 06-Jul-13 16:49:28

Thanks guys. I've received the bank transfer now and have agreed to the courier. Hopefully won't involve too much waiting around.

carolthesecretary Tue 09-Jul-13 19:09:23

I did this the other week for a buyer. No problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now