The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

White Van Man National Courier Service

(5 Posts)
Cherrypie32 Wed 12-Jun-13 20:53:56

I recently sold my old front door on eBay. I expected someone local to collect but the buyer lived in Essex and sent a white can courier service to pick it up. Knowing how much TNT etc charge I thought this was madness as surely the cost would be worth far more than the door was but he was charging £30! From Southampton to Essex! I now need a sofa collecting from my Mum's house in Worcester so want to track down a similar service. I think they are able to do this by planning routes in advance and making multiple pick ups in certain areas and same for delivery. I don't know where to start Googling this service though - or does anyone know any companies that do this?

OldBeanbagz Wed 12-Jun-13 21:08:56

Shiply is the people you're looking for.

List where you want the item shipping from/to and then it's open to couriers to quote. I think you can put an Ebay item number in too. It work becuase some couriers have regular runs that they can fit an extra delivery into.

We used it to get some furniture from the South Coast to Yorkshire for less that £100. It would have cost us more than that to hire a van and drive there.

Cherrypie32 Wed 12-Jun-13 23:09:31

Thanks for that - exactly what I was after. Gotta love Mumsnet, always an answer grin

Ponders Fri 14-Jun-13 12:37:30

anyvan is another

I had a chair delivered from Wimbledon to Lancashire for £40

Cherrypie32 Sat 15-Jun-13 14:07:04

Thank you grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now