The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Best course of action?

(7 Posts)
BobStrangeNameforaGirl Mon 03-Jun-13 11:44:15

Not really sure what to do. Won a boys M&S suit on ebay a couple of weeks ago. Got it for a reasonable price (much less than I had been willing to pay), took ages for it to be dispatched, only when I emailed to chase it 8 days after winning and explained I needed it for DS's confirmation this Wednesday. So, it finally arrived on Saturday afternoon and it isn't a suit at all. Yes, it's a jacket and pair of trousers with a pinstripe but they DON'T BLOODY MATCH!!!!!!!

Due to work commitments I've had to order one from M&S with next day delivery. So, is it unreasonable to ask for a refund? It isn't what they said? But a bit of me thinks it just isn't worth the agro.

WWYD?

ThedementedPenguin Mon 03-Jun-13 11:49:24

You have two choices:

1. Email seller and tell them it is not right and you want to return for refund

2. Open a not as described case, eBay then makes you return item, you get a refund.

fergoose Mon 03-Jun-13 12:36:36

yes ask for a refund - send back tracked with proof of delivery.

alemci Mon 03-Jun-13 12:40:12

absolutely, the seller should have said it was a different jacket and trousers plus taking so long for a delivery is bad.

BobStrangeNameforaGirl Mon 03-Jun-13 12:45:35

Will I have to pay for the postage back? It's hardly worth it if so.

BobStrangeNameforaGirl Mon 03-Jun-13 13:04:37

Have e-mailed them and asked how they propose we resolve.

fergoose Mon 03-Jun-13 13:30:55

send MyHermes or Collect+ instead - cheaper than RM for under 1kg. But the seller should refund you that amount too - sadly you can't enforce that, but can leave appropriate feedback and stars

If you open a case and say you don't want the expense of a return ebay may give you a pre-paid label or give a no fault refund

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now