This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

What % of sale would you give to someone who did listings for you?

(9 Posts)
lljkk Wed 05-Jun-13 10:27:05

I have split 50-50 with friends.
I am taking 10% of listings I currently do for DS. They take a huge amount of time!
Technically it should depend on value of items, too. 50% of 99p or 50% of £99? A fee of 50% or £5 whichever is smaller would be reasonable, too.

ValentineWiggins Tue 04-Jun-13 09:37:15

I would go with pay per hour plus abound at the end when it has all sold!

IKnowWhat Tue 04-Jun-13 09:33:57

If you gave her a percentage based amount of money then you have to have a minimum payment per posting. What if you sell something for 99p. It is not going to be worth her while doing the work for 25p

dotnet Tue 04-Jun-13 07:56:37

Wow - Linerunner you're generous!

The figure which came into my mind was twenty five per cent. So something which sells for a fiver - she gets £1.25.
But if you find you're doing well on your sales, and after all, she is doing all the donkey work, you can always admit a crisis of conscience, and increase her cut to a third of what you make.

IKnowWhat Sun 02-Jun-13 22:42:24

Will you monitor the listing once its Underway?

I would pay her by the hour. I would give her £10.

LineRunner Sun 02-Jun-13 20:16:54

When I had a mad eBay frenzy last year I realised that it takes a lot of time.

Photos.
Measurements.
Writing listing.
Uploading.
Answering queries / emails.
Wrapping.
Posting.

I'd give someone 50% of the profit to take all that grief off my hands. Maybe 35% to do the first 4 of the 7.

Champagnesupernovah Sun 02-Jun-13 20:06:15

She would be just writing the copy for my sales - I would be uploading on MY account.

fergoose Sun 02-Jun-13 19:59:27

Varies from 10% up to 50% after all fees, but a 16 year old is too young to have an ebay account so irrelevant really.

Champagnesupernovah Sun 02-Jun-13 19:21:00

I am toying with the idea of "employing" my neighbour's 16 y/o dd to list a whole pile of stuff for me - I have almost a whole ROOM full of stuff to go on eBay and could really do with the money tbh but am v time starved atm. (yes I know, need to get off MN grin)

Just wondering what a reasonable cut would be?

Or should I offer a flat fee per listing that she does ?

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now