The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Getting messages from buyers asking for buy-it-now option - what to do?

(7 Posts)
lljkk Wed 29-May-13 20:44:12

What do you mean really needs the item? If they really need it I bet they can sort it faster than trying to pester you on Ebay! They're just trying their luck.

fergoose Wed 29-May-13 13:04:41

you can add immediate payment as a requirement with a buy it now

philipina Wed 29-May-13 12:25:09

I seem to get the most non-paying bidders after giving them this option, so I'm very reluctant to do it now. Has anybody else noticed this?

fergoose Wed 29-May-13 10:39:36

yes - you just add the buy it now option.

Kalypso Wed 29-May-13 10:38:08

Thanks fergoose smile I take it you need to revise the listing to add on the buy-it-now option? (sorry, eBay novice; have borrowed my husband's account in order to sell some clothes)

fergoose Wed 29-May-13 09:14:00

entirely your choice - if you want to let the auction run then it is up to you, you don't have to offer buy it now if you don't want to.

Kalypso Wed 29-May-13 08:52:32

I've had a few messages about some items I'm selling asking what my buy-it-now price is. I hadn't offered that option, not so much because I didn't want to, but more because it costs extra to offer it, so I didn't bother as I'm not in a rush to sell.
Anyway, now the items are listed and have watchers (no bids yet though), it seems unfair to offer it to somebody messaging me (and I'm not sure how that works in eBay anyway). But then again, if somebody really needs the item....?

What do you do in this situation?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now