This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

What should I do about non-payer?

(15 Posts)
GeneHuntsMistress Fri 24-May-13 17:16:16

Cn anyone help please? I had a number of items I listed to sell, all ending last Monday as I'm going on holiday tomorrow so wanted to make sure everything was posted off before I went....

Well I have had one person who hasn't paid yet.... I have sent invoice, then yesterday sent an ultra polite email requesting payment and explaining if I didn't post today then they would have to wait until my return from holiday....nothing....today sent the invoice again.

The post office is now closed and I fly out tomorrow at 6am. And still heard nothing.

i have never had a non-payer before but a little reading shows I have to open a dispute case thing. But I have something like 32 days or summat to do this.

My question is (I got there in the end wink should I open a dispute now or wait until I'm back in 10 days? If they pay and I don't send cos I'm not here - they could open a dispute/leave neg feedback? But if I open a dispute and then ignore any corespondence (because I'm away) wont that be worse??

I'm so fed up, I purposely did my auctions this way so I wouldn't have to think abot ebay or any contact whilst away.....

GeneHuntsMistress Fri 24-May-13 17:20:47

Wow sorry that was so long

fergoose Fri 24-May-13 17:24:00

just open the dispute, don't wait - and if they don't pay close it in 4 days and then relist. Once closed they can't leave any feedback, neg or otherwise.

ifyouletmefinish Fri 24-May-13 17:27:12

And I also put non payers straight on to my blocked buyers list.

GeneHuntsMistress Fri 24-May-13 17:29:24

Thanks for quick replies! So I suppose I will have to interrupt my holiday to check on ebay every day to see if they have paid sad

But what if they do pay - I won't be home to post it for 10 days! I post everything literally within hours of payment.

fergoose Fri 24-May-13 18:02:09

could you ask someone else to check your account and post it if nec?

GeneHuntsMistress Fri 24-May-13 18:07:38

Well you won't believe this but they have just paid!!

1 hour after the post office has closed though...! I will have to drop it off with a friend tonight and ask if they won't mind posting for me tomorrow.

Thanks so much for your help, much appreciated smile

TheBirdsFellDownToDingADong Tue 28-May-13 15:07:12

Can I hijack this thread please, as have similar dilemma....non-payer, it's now been 10 days and of 15 feedbacks she has 5 which are positive but with negative comments about being a timewaster.....have opened claim but would like to relist.. if I close claim and then relist, she won't be able to suddenly decide she wants the stuff will she?

fergoose Tue 28-May-13 15:11:41

you need to wait 4 days to close the claim, add her to your blocked bidder list and then relist it. Don't relist until the claim has been closed though.

Willabywallaby Tue 28-May-13 15:21:04

I'm a bit of an eBay novice, but felt really bad last week when my PayPal payment went through as an echeque, took a week to clear! Thankfully kept in touch with seller and they were good about it.

TheBirdsFellDownToDingADong Tue 28-May-13 15:22:09

Thanks fergoose!

I opened the claim last week, so have now closed it and relisted.

fergoose Tue 28-May-13 15:52:18

and you have added them to your blocked bidder list?

you may find you get more bidders if the item ends during the day - school pickup time is quiet for bidders I find.

TheBirdsFellDownToDingADong Tue 28-May-13 16:25:29

I did it for 5 days only to coincide with my other stuff finishing on Sunday afternoon.

What's the absolute best time to have auctions end do you reckon? Though it all seems v hit and miss...I relisted Boden clothes which hadn't sold for 50p (!!!) and second time around got nearly £10!

Thanks for advice!

fergoose Tue 28-May-13 17:47:57

Mon or Tues night from 8-9pm - during the day is waste of time I reckon.

TheBirdsFellDownToDingADong Tue 28-May-13 18:42:51

Oh right, I never thought about week nights tbh, always imagine everyone in front of telly!

Will give it a go. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now