The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Item arrived - far from the excellent condition stated in the description! How to proceed?

(6 Posts)
IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 20-May-13 19:14:35

Trying to be organised, I've bought a towelling poncho for my son to wear during our summer holiday this year.

It was describes as excellent condition but I am extremely disappointed to find two holes at the neck where the hood joins on and large stretches where the stitching holding the pocket on has become unstitched (at the top and bottom of the pocket). I can fix the missing pocket stitching, but mending the holes won't be so easy to hide.

I would not have paid the price that I did if the description had mentioned these faults.

What's the best way to proceed?

DizzyPurple Mon 20-May-13 20:47:28

Email the seller and ask for a refund. Keep copies of all communication. If no joy from them open an EBay dispute, they should help you. Often the threat of this and negative feedback will make people refund you with no hassle.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 20-May-13 21:20:31

Great. Thanks.

That is what I'd planned to do, but eBay seem to recommend just opening a disput which I imagined wouldn't go down well!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 21-May-13 19:52:20

All is well!

The seller was selling on behalf of her DIL and so she just described it as excellent condition as that was how the DIL had told her to describe it! She was mortified when I got in touch and immediately offered a full refund. I offered to return it (not at my cost) but she has declined so I'm about to get busy with my needle and cotton!

I will leave her good feedback.

Tryharder Tue 21-May-13 21:59:12

I think you are being a little bit mean to accept a full refund and keep the garment. At least accept a partial refund.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 21-May-13 22:10:34

The full refund was offered straight away by the seller. I would have accepted a partial refund if that was offered.

I did offer to post it back, but the seller didn't take me up on that offer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now