This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer claims dress is badly stained - it wasn't!

(7 Posts)
chocolatecheesecake Mon 20-May-13 13:22:06

I've just had an email from a buyer claiming that a dress they bought from me is badly stained and asking for a full refund plus the postage costs for returning the dress to me.

I checked the dress before i listed it and it was not stained. What do I do?

fergoose Mon 20-May-13 13:34:11

you can only tell them to return for a refund really. Is there a chance they have worn it and now no longer need it? Or they are switching it with their own dirty item?

Tell them to return in the condition in which it was sent and once you have checked your security markings you will refund them. It is up to you if you refund the return postage costs too - but if you don't the chances are they will neg and trash your sttars.

chocolatecheesecake Mon 20-May-13 13:57:41

Thanks fergoose. It's just really frustrating as its a dress I've had for years, worn once. It had no stains on when I sent it. I haven't had a bad experience on eBay as a seller before and now see why so many sellers feel it is so weighted towards the buyer.

Do you think it's worth giving the buyer my email address and asking him to send photos of the stains?

fergoose Mon 20-May-13 14:04:47

yes you can ask them to send pics - but I would not refund unless it is returned to you.

chocolatecheesecake Mon 20-May-13 14:44:42

Buyer has only 2 feedbacks. I have hundreds. I have asked for photos but essentially it's his word against mine. Will eBay take feedback into account or will they always side with the buyer?

chocolatecheesecake Mon 20-May-13 14:45:08

100% positive.

fergoose Mon 20-May-13 14:59:54

no they won't look at feedback - they will most likely tell them to return tracked for full refund.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now