This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Returns

(14 Posts)
ChablisLover Sat 18-May-13 07:29:21

Hi

Sold a dress and stated that I do not accept returns.

Have now been asked if it can be returned as it is too big.

I don't have to accept do I?

Can ebay make me accept a return when the terms say no returns accepted?

Help!

fergoose Sat 18-May-13 08:42:25

if the buyer opens a not as described case you will have to accept a return - stating no returns on your listing is pointless really.

you are best telling them to return it and refunding, cancelling to get fees back and relist it. Did you put measurements on the listing - is it true to size?

ChablisLover Sat 18-May-13 08:49:50

Hi there

I stated that it was a size small as per the label and that it was a size 8/10.

It is a stretchy dress so could fit either size.

I put all the details in the description even noting a small defect at the waist.

Surely she could not open a not as described case?

ChablisLover Sat 18-May-13 08:50:48

I also used the eBay policy setting showing no returns accepted.

Does that not count?

Surely all second hand sales are final?

fergoose Sat 18-May-13 09:09:34

no they aren't final - buyers have 45 days to claim not as described/received.

ChablisLover Sat 18-May-13 09:21:03

But I have checked the not as described categories and it doesn't fit into them and it most certainly has been received.

It's a case of buyers remorse I think.

fergoose Sat 18-May-13 09:22:53

Yes, but if they open a case they can say what they like can't they, and ebay will tell them to return for a refund. There really isn't any point in arguing in them - just tell them to return for a refund is my advice. If you refuse they will go ahead and open a case and probably trash your feedback and stars.

lljkk Sat 18-May-13 09:24:11

Sorry, you are stuffed. Be sure to block them buying from you in future.

ChablisLover Sat 18-May-13 09:29:42

So I should tell her to return via tracked mail and I will issue full refund once I am satisfied dress is in original condition as sold?

lljkk Sat 18-May-13 09:37:31

How much did you sell it for?

ChablisLover Sat 18-May-13 09:40:18

not much £12.50 plus p&p

lljkk Sat 18-May-13 09:43:37

Your suggestion is probably the best, then. If it was worth much more you could mention things like "checking security marks" but that will just antagonise some people pointlessly. You are not obliged to pay their return postage, btw, but they may well neg you if they ask for you to reimburse & you don't pay for return postage. Sorry, did I say you were stuffed?!

ChablisLover Sat 18-May-13 10:07:14

So I'm truly stuffed then?? Lol!

Will ask for it to be returned tracked and signed for with appropriate insurance

ChablisLover Mon 20-May-13 17:24:29

Emailed her and no reply.

Surely you would say thanks will post it back on such and such day?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now